userJB1xV0ACBR
Constellation

samsung galaxy s8 stuck in safe mode

please help
10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: samsung galaxy s8 stuck in safe mode

Have you ensured that none of your hard keys are stuck or being pressed in by a case?

userJB1xV0ACBR
Constellation

Yes
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

When you restart the device does it boot back into safe mode?

userT0FJh4oVxo
Constellation

I also have a new Galaxy S8 that is stuck in "Safe mode", after multiple (possibly dozens) reboots.

It keeps coming back up in safe mode.

It was in a case, but removed it to be sure that the case isn't pressing anything.

I have noticed one oddity: the "volume up" seems to work fine, but the "volume down" does nothing. Is it possible that I have a defective volume button, and that is the root cause of the problem?

This is driving me crazy... Please help!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried wiping the cache partition while in safe mode then rebooting your device?

userT0FJh4oVxo
Constellation

No, please direct me to a document that tells me how to do that.

Thanks.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Give these steps a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”
  5. Press the Power key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device
userT0FJh4oVxo
Constellation

I turned off the device, then pressed and held the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then pressed and held the Power key until

"Samsung Galaxy S8