cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

service provider UICC

My galaxy S8+ is prompting me to power it off, insert the service provider UICC then power it on. I bought my phone unlocked and have used the phone for some years without any issue until now. I googled UICC and it seems as if it is for locked phones. What do I do as the prompt kept blocking my screen
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: service provider UICC

I have the exact same problem ever since the last software update (few days ago). Please help! Super annoying!

Highlighted
Astronaut

I updated my phone a few hours ago and this annoying pop up keeps popping on my screen. any suggestions?
Highlighted
Constellation

I have same problem with my S8+

Highlighted

i also have the same problem
Highlighted
Asteroid

I've been having the same problem for the last couple of days.

I tried something different today that seems to be working (no messages in almost 8 hours).

Go to Settings > Apps. Click the three dots at the top, and select "Show system apps." 

Select "OMADM"

Select "Notifications"

Under "Notification style" click "Silent and minimized." 

I also have under OMADM "Change System Settings" = Not allowed. I don't know if that has an impact or not because that alone didn't work before I did the sequence I described above, but I'm not turning it back on just in case allowing it to change system settings means allowing it to undo what I did with the notifications. 

There is also (on my phone) a "Sprint OMADM Phone Interface" but I don't know if it has any impact. I have it also set not to allow changes to system settings. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same issue, after my phone's last software update. LLike everyone else has stated, it's really annoying. You would think Samsung could tackle this sooner, how dissapointing. 

Let me try this and see what happens, thanks!

Highlighted
Astronaut

I tried your suggestions, no help

We have two s8 on our plan and updated them within 24 hrs of each other.  Both of us have the same UICC and OMDAM profile incomplete.  I read through this string and tried all the tricks everyone mentioned, including factory reset.  Nothing helps.  I have spent hours on the phone with my carrier and Samsung Tech support.

The gist of those conversations was:

"BYOD plans do not mean bring an unlocked phone you bought from the factory.  We are not responsible for factory unlocked phones on the BYOD that you did not buy from T-Mobile"  and "when you agree to a push update on a phone that is 3 model years old you assume responsibility for any errors our upate caused." WHAT! Zero help.  Makes me furious.

and "Samsung tech developers are not responsible for error their software updates caused in any phone. Your phone is out of warranty and your accepting the update bricked it making it your fault for accepting the update." WHAT!!!! 

So basically I am under the impression that Samsung deliberately ruined my phone in order to froce me to purchase a new 5G phone from my carrier at full price.  Nope.  Not cool...I bought samsung beacuse they did not used to pull the stunts apple pulls.  So disappointed!

Going to Flash the phone as my last resort.