cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userplyqb6cuZy
Constellation

swollen battery caused cracked back and seperation

My S8+ battery swelled and caused front and back to separate and back cracked all to pieces.  I called Samsung and was told too bad, it's out of warranty and they would not replace the battery, much less accept responsibility for back cracking!!!  Bought at Verizon 2/26/18.   Seems like if Samsung has defective battery that caused the problem,  they should be responsible for damaged caused by it.  If not, last Samsung I will ever buy, that's for sure!!!

20 REPLIES 20
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: swollen battery caused cracked back and seperation

Thank you for reaching out. We would be happy to look into this for you. Can I please have your full model number, IMEI, and pictures of the symptoms you are experiencing in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

userLRQfFWdzjX
Constellation

I have the exact same issue. I've been getting this 'stopped charging because temp too low' warning for about a month. Looked it up and never found an answer. Last night the phone died while not plugged in but I was surfing the internet. The back is bumpped out and cracked all over. If I push a bit toward the bottom rear, it'll vibrate. If I remove the pen, it does the same. But no screen. My indicator light and vibration tells me I'm getting texts in, but I can't do anything about it. The back is so swelled up that I can actually SEE the battery outline.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userLRQfFWdzjX Please send a private message with the full model code, IMEI number and any images you may have. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

userLRQfFWdzjX
Constellation

Will do - it's at the shop now but when it comes back I'll send. Needs new battery and new back. Shop said it's happened to other Notes and Apples etc.

userLRQfFWdzjX
Constellation

Model Number is SM-N050U 

IMEI is <hidden>

Galaxy Note 8PART_1562696331844.jpgPART_1562696321303.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello there, in this case, repairs would definitely be recommended. If you wouldn't mind sending me a private message with your full model code and IMEI number I'd be more than happy to look into that for you. When you say your phone was "in the shop" on your other post did you mean you took it to a local shop or do you have a ticket number from where your device was sent into the Samsung Service Center?

userLRQfFWdzjX
Constellation

No - I had to take it in to get fixed. I use it for work and can't be without it. Paid $100 for a new battery and back.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Were they able to replace everything ok or are you still having swollen battery symptoms?

yogiMike
Constellation

I also have a Samsung S8 and I just noticed 4 days ago that the back has started to come unsealed from the phone and the back cover is separating from the phone.  AT&T wants to charge me $125 as a deductible for the insurance I've been paying for the last 2 years, or they told me I could take it to IBreakUfix to get an estimate.