USA UNLOCKED S9

Cosmic Ray

USA UNLOCKED S9

Has anyone received any security or firmware updates to their UNLOCEKED S9?

I am still on Android 8.0.0

Baseband version G960U1UEU1ARBG

Last security patch from February 1, 2018

46 REPLIES
Regular Contributor (Elite)

Re: USA UNLOCKED S9

@userEuDtcOcyrB

Samsung is notorious for ignoring it's US Unlocked phones! They update them AFTER all the carrier variants. I traded in a US Unlocked S7 Edge for the Unlocked S9+ knowing this. There have been periods of three months without updates on the S7 Edge while the carriers get monthly updates.

It's an unfortunate situation which Samsung is unlikely to change.

Sorry about the unwelcome news. 

From an Unlocked Note 9 (SM-N960U1) on AT&T
Asteroid

I have the same base and you do. However after calling Samsung customer service, I was instructed to go to Best Buy and have G965USQUIARBG pushed to my Factory unlocked S9. My complaint is/was the constant dropping of calls and often not recieving c@!!s.

Not even a notification of a missed call..

But I thought anything 965 was the S9+?? I even reiterated my phone is a S9.. 

Highlighted

I got an S9 plus unlocked on April 18 from Best Buy, it's still on the launch day firmware. I got a minor update the next day that doesn't count as the March or April update. I previously owned an S7 Edge, they will make U.S. customers sometimes go 3 months without an update. The moderators often give the canned response of going to your carrier for the update, I HAVE to get my updates through SAMSUNG! Keep up the pressure and keep nipping at their heels. Use influential media websites to help you be heard! 

Yeah this is irritating, I agree. I bought my US unlocked direct from Samsung and still on the Feb 1 security update. 

Does anyone know what the carrier purchased phones latest security update was?

Cosmic Ray

Nothing here either. I recieved mine from pre order march 14th and have been waiting on fm radio fix ever since. I bought the unlocked under the impression he radio wasnt going to be an issue. However Im burning up data to stream my radio show evwry morning for 3 hours. Europe has recieved the april security patch but US hasnt, and Id say that probably because there are some major bugs they have to get around to in this secknd update. I check 3x daily for it. You would think at least they would send the api patch for the radio.

Cosmic Ray

Nothing here either. I recieved mine from pre order march 14th and have been waiting on fm radio fix ever since. I bought the unlocked under the impression he radio wasnt going to be an issue. However Im burning up data to stream my radio show evwry morning for 3 hours. Europe has recieved the april security patch but US hasnt, and Id say that probably because there are some major bugs they have to get around to in this secknd update. I check 3x daily for it. You would think at least they would send the api patch for the radio.

Nebula

Better get used to it guys. Samsung never updates any of their phone in a timely manner. Being 2-3 months behind is a norm, and that's the best case scenario. 

Constellation

I have the same issue,  bought my unlocked 9+  from Best Buy  model SM-G965U1 and no updates for April.   I used the chat function on the Samsung website and asked them to check. They said my phone was up to date.   I  hosed them and said it appears Samsung leaves unlocked phone owners hanging as the carrier versions have received updates.   They said it would be released "soon"... I am thinking by June.  Smiley Sad

Cosmic Ray

This all just proves Samsung does not fully support this forum or listen to the users.

Knew I should have bought something else. 

Just thought for once I would treat myself to something that I thought was high end.