1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

There's one more thing you can do. Settings / general management /language and input /turn on keyboard button. When you open the keyboard an icon on the right side of the navigation bar will open a pop-up menu that lets you select between Google voice typing and Samsung voice input. If you have 2 keywords installed you can switch between them. I'm using SwiftKey as the default and it uses Google voice typing as the default for voice to text. It's nice to be able to use both voice inputs and keyboards to see which one is more accurate. 

View solution in context

18 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey @userNpcI9qkeQg

Are you trying to use Bixby or your keyboard for voice texting?

0 Likes
userOoZYwQI6Sd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I also cannot use speech to text. Says go to settings to grant permissions. Not Bixby, just trying to text message. Permissions where? 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userOoZYwQI6Sd

I would suggest checking the settings of the keyboard you are trying to use voice texting on.

0 Likes
userOoZYwQI6Sd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I went to settings gear when I had the keyboard screen open- the one right above the keyboard - and tried every setting I could. Guess a trip to the "store" is in order tomorrow. I'll be darned if I can figure it out.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userOoZYwQI6Sd

I would suggest looking in Settings > Apps > 3 dot menu > Show system apps > keyboard > Permissions. See if you have the option there. 

Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userOoZYwQI6Sd

Do you have any updates for us?

0 Likes
userJBVWEByIQj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

help me

0 Likes
userJBVWEByIQj