Bluetooth disconnecting

Asteroid

Re: Bluetooth disconnecting

I think most of us have tried the fixes above.  I think we are also trying to avoid exchanges as I am phone number 2.  We are trying to make Samsung aware of the issue so they can attempt to fix with an OTA update.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Yep same issue here. It didn't start well with my s9+ because on the first day bluetooth and wifi couldn't be turned on! Thankfully they resolved themselves.

Both mine and my friend's s9+ frequently disconnect from my car stereo (Alpine IVE-W560), both at random times with no discernible cause, as it happens under any and all circumstances. Or sometimes I'll get through 5 songs without it disconnecting. So yeah, what the H. I've also tried the recommended fixes to no avail.

Edit: forgot to mention neither of ours ever disconnect from her stock car radio which has bluetooth

Constellation

Having the same exact issue. I noticed it would do it more frequently when I had my old Motorola Moto 360v2 paired. But even without it, it still disconnects and reconnects about once every couple minutes. 

Model number SM-G960U

Baseband G960USQU2ARC6

Constellation

No issues in my car but my S7 edge would stay connected to my Gear S2 as I walked to a different level of my home while my S9+ loses connection from the next room. Less than 15-20 feet away. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Same problem here with intermittent disconnect of my BT on my GS9+ and BMW. Never had this problem with my Note 5 and Android 7.1. What a waste of time and money to pay full price for a phone with reduced capabilities like BT, custom message tones, message led customization, etc. This really stinks.

Model# SM-G965U

Baseband G965USQU1ARBI

Carrier: AT&T 

Red Giant

Good afternoon Community,

Just thought I would check, has anyone followed t he suggestion mentioned by @Heisenberg, and is so have you found that it helped you disconnect less, or did it have no effect?

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

I tried the turn Smart Things off.  I think it may have helped a tiny bit but not much.  There are two issues I am experiencing and this is on phone S9+ #2.

1: Disconnecting often when the phone is in a pocket.  I wear an earpiece and it will say disconnected and reconnected.  I think it may have something to do with the light sensor.

2: Terrible range.  This phone is better than  S9+ #1 but the BT range on it is 10-20 feet if you are lucky.  I cannot set the phone on my desk and pace as it will disconnect.

Samsung:  Should I send in for phone #3?

dwb
Constellation

[ Edited ]

So for me the symptoms are a disconnect and reconnect while in my car. 

If I am using the phone or music through the car Bluetooth it stays connected.

I also have an Android Wear watch. Today I turned my watch off every time I got into the car and wouldn't you know it the Bluetooth stayed connected to my car.

So Samsung it seems your issue for this seems to centered around other Bluetooth devices being connected simultaneously.

Model: SmG965U

Asteroid

I'll give that suggestion a try. Echoing other user concerns, I get frequent dropouts walking around New York City with my S9+ and my Sennheiser Momentum 2 Wireless, which uses aptX. Much more than my S7, which also had issues. Even in my chest pocket, I get drops. It also disconnects from my Sony car stereo and won't automatically reconnect--I have to press the Reconnect button on the stereo's display. I do use a Huawei Watch, and have turned that off at times to troubleshoot, but I still have issues.
Constellation

model# SM-G960U Baseband: G960USQU1ARBI