Does the samsung galaxy s9 have fm radio built-in?

Constellation

Does the samsung galaxy s9 have fm radio built-in?

7 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Does the samsung galaxy s9 have fm radio built-in?

Yes.  At least my S9 Plus in the USA does.   Headphones are required because they serve as the antenna.  I use the NextRadio app as the "tuner".

Constellation

The unlocjed version from samsung.com does not have it unlocked yet. Im bummed about it, I was looking forward to using my fm radio.

Cosmic Ray

@userFfXfsxcRcbwrote:

The unlocjed version from samsung.com does not have it unlocked yet. Im bummed about it, I was looking forward to using my fm radio.

It actually does but there is apparently a bug disabling it that NextRadio knows of and is working with Samsung to fix 

Constellation

I discovered the same thing with my unlocked S9 I ordered from Samsung.com When using the nextradio app it has to use data from wifi or cell signal.

Cosmic Ray

@userHkLabNCkdFwrote:

I discovered the same thing with my unlocked S9 I ordered from Samsung.com When using the nextradio app it has to use data from wifi or cell signal.

It's allegedly going to be corrected in the next update 

Constellation

It's not the phone i too have the unlocked s9plus it works fine i have Verizon it's locked via your carrier Verizon has issued an update that allows fm radio also you'll not need headphones because it has a built in fm antenna.

Constellation

Has anybody got any word on when this update will be? Its April 18th and we still havent had OTA for April sercurity patches and its driving me nuts not having my fm tuner. Plus I can not find an answer to when we should be getting an update. I know there are quite a few bugs still to work out on the S9 and I would think that Samsung would be pumping out updates to correct issues with its newest Flagship.