Get rid of "SD card encryption" notification

SOLVED
Asteroid

Get rid of "SD card encryption" notification

I have the Galaxy S9+ and after encrypting my SD card I now have a notification that won't go away and I can't turn off.

I don't need to constantly be reminded of this since I'm the one who encrypted the card. 

Anyone know if this can be turned off please? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Constellation
Solution
Accepted by topic author AYColumbia
‎05-23-2018 05:59 AM

Re: Get rid of "SD card encryption" notification

The foolowing thread describes how to dismiss it until reboot, but it is still annoying if the phone is set to reboot every night:

https://www.mysysadmintips.com/other/mobile-devices/703-get-rid-of-android-sd-card-encrypted-notific...

14 REPLIES
Red Giant

Good afternoon Community,

Has anyone else encountered this notification and would know how to counter it?

Constellation

I do 

Red Giant

Good afternoon @AYColumbia

Have you attempted to clear the notification by tapping on it? Or does it show every time you boot up the phone?

Asteroid

The only thing I can do is press the notification, slight swipe left to access icon menu that allows me to snooze for 2 hours and that's it. 

If you long press and select the Details menu. You then can't turn off the specific notification at all and can only set the priority to Low.

Samsung Moderator

Any change to the notification when phone is placed in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

Same behavior in safe mode. 

Samsung Moderator

Are you able to test the SD card in a different phone to see if the same notification has the same behavior?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

The card is encrypted so even if I had another phone it wouldn't be readable. When it was NOT encrypted, there was no notification. It only started AFTER I encrypted the card. I have no issues with the card and the phone reads/writes to it just fine.

I think this is just a bug if you ask me. If anything, the reverse should be true, i.e., the notification should show when the card is NOT encrypted to let the user know they're at risk. So as it is, IMHO, it really doesn't make sense.

When I connect the phone to my computer, I can copy to/from phone just fine too so everything phone-wise is working fine.

Constellation

I hope you can get someone knowledgeable to help with this. I have the same problem. There must be another setting that greys out the option for turning off this notification.