S9 BLUETOOTH WONT AUTO CONNECT

Constellation

Re: S9 BLUETOOTH WONT AUTO CONNECT

I have also been having connectivity issues with the Galaxy S9 and my 2012 Prius.

Verizon

Samsung Galaxy S9  SM-G9600

Rev1.1

This was a problem with the S8 as well.

Every time I talk to the folks at Samsung, they say that there is no known problem. 

Clearly, as is indicated by the  entries in this blog, this is not a one off, isolated problem.

Samsung needs to fix the issue.

I am tired and frustrated with the run around I am getting. 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Having this issue too. 9+ and BMW 2012 M3. Did not / do not have this problem with my S7.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Same with my S9+ and BMW E39. Never had this problem with my Note 5 and Android 7.1.

Constellation

Phone will not auto connect to my cars radio to play media music files when i turn on the car. it will allow me to connect manually when i go into the phone settings after abouta minute of the car on idle. 

it also will have many issues with staying connected with telephone calls when dialing out or recieving a call. i either have to get the person to call me back or sometimes if i toggle the bluetooth on and off it will allow me to connect. 

i have a JVC - KW-R92OBTS Stereo which is not allownig me to connect the media files and drops phone calls.

and the second cari have which is a 2008 acura RDX with a stock radio system will allow it to auto-connect HOWEVER it will constantly drop the calls as i said earlier. 

i've never had any issues like this in either cars with the LG G5, Samsung S7 Edge iphone 4,5 and 6s

ive already dissconnected the bluetooth and reconnected it to both cars and that does not work. 

i've also applied the smartlock onto the device and that does not work either.

i still have a few days to return the phone if i choose too however i would much prefer to stick with android then make the switch to iPhone... these issues are small but very important for everyday use as i do not want to fiddle with the phone while im driving to make phone calls. 

im connected via Rogers in Toronto ON.

Model Number: SM-G960W

Baseband Version: G960WVLU1ARBG

Constellation

Same issue with S9 and 2013 Prius. S8 worked perfectly. T-Mobile. 

Asteroid

Any fix for this yet? Still won't auto connect. Phone is paired, etc...old phone removed from car audio. 

I'm with T-Mobile and using Galaxy s9 plus. 

Astronaut

I have AT&T and can't hook up to my car's bluetooth...my phone is a S9

Constellation

Having the same problem 

Came from s7 edge to s9+ and the s9+ is not automatically connecting as the s7 did.

T-Mobile 

2014 subaru xv crosstrek 

Asteroid

I am having the same problem, but there was a cause:

I have an S9 with Anker SoundBuds Life bluetooth headphones. They have *always* auto-connected when I turned them on.

However, once recently I manually disconnected them - I went to my bluetooth device list and tapped them to disconnect. Since then, they will NOT ever auto-connect. All other bluetooth devices still auto-connect when I turn them on.

Things I have tried in an effort to fix:

* Unpair, re-pair - no change

* Unpair, reboot, re-pair - no change

* Unpair, shutdown, boot to recovery, wipe cache partition, reboot, re-pair - no change

* Unpair, Go to Settings -> Apps, Show System Apps, Bluetooth, Wipe Data, reboot, re-pair - no change

* Unpair, Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Data (wipes all bluetooth devices), go to Settings -> Apps, Show System Apps, Bluetooth, Wipe Data, reboot, re-pair - no change

That's a pretty extensive list of things I've tried and don't know what else I can try short of factory reset. Please advise! Resetting Network Data clears all bluetooth and wi-fi connections, but it STILL has something cached about this specific device to not auto-reconnect because I once manually disconnected. F'd.