S9+ Bluetooth not pairing

Constellation

Re: S9+ Bluetooth not pairing

Well that's ridiculous, and renders this phone basically useless to me. Nice going. 

Constellation

Am trying to pairing to freigthliner truco radio

Astronaut

this worked for me:

Tweak Permissions and Sharing Options
Scroll to Settings and access your Galaxy S9 permission controls
Crosscheck to make sure that no apps are currently denied access
After doing this, scroll over to the Applications
Click on’’Application Manager’’
Locate the MORE icon and tap it
Click on ’’Bluetooth Share’’
Select Force Stop
Turn off the Bluetooth option
Take a few seconds before turning it back on
Valued Contributor (Elite)

[ Edited ]

here are couple of possible scenarios why this is happening.

1. exceeded paired device number at the same time for the speaker category in the bluetooth device

2. exceeded paired device number at the same time for the speaker category in the phone itself

Try to remove all the devices in the list from the bt device and phone and pair them together again.

hopefully this works.

If nothing works, then factory reset of the phone or exchange....

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Samsung just needs to fix this issue. Never had any problems with my Note 5 and Android 7.1. Starting to think I made a mistake paying the over inflated price for a phone with reduced capabilities.

Astronaut

Hi, I just installed the update on my S9+ and I still cannot pair with my Jambox Jawbone.  will there be another update soon that might correct this issue?

Astronaut

I just installed the latest update on my s9+ and i am still not able to pair with my jawbone jambox.  Will there be another update forthcoming that will address the issue?

Constellation

I'm another person having trouble pairing my S +. It paired to my Acadia and has paired to other devices but will not pair with my JBL speaker which my Kindle and other devices will do

Asteroid

This worked for my JBL Charge speaker.. Re: S9+ Bluetooth not pairing 

Great news.. got my JBL Charge to connect. I reset the speaker. Then I pushed the Power and - until the red and blue were flashing.. it paired doing this for me! Good luck everyone!

RickinJax

Astronaut

I totally agree. Same thing happened to me. I bought my S9 yesterday. Worked once when I drove and my Ford Explorer 2016 using the Built-in sync software. Doesn't work on Sony headphones. It appears like it's just not backward compatible from 5.0. I've googled  tooth  5.0 compatibility issues and gone through all the steps nothing works. Samsung really needs to fix this thing pronto. I have no other choice.  if it doesn't work in the next few days I'll to return the phone.