S9+ Camera failing

Constellation

S9+ Camera failing

sm-g965u1

Both the Camera app and A third party Camera app "Open Camera" fail to launch or freeze when I try to take a picture. Rebooting, Clearing cache, or clearing application data rarely work. Removing the third party app also does nothing to fix the problem. The only thing that seems to work is waiting for an hour or so. The camera app will launch again but if I use another app, the app will fail again once I return to it. Opening the app when it has failed also causes the phone to freeze for a brief period of time. If I switch to front facing or 'Selfie', the problem does not occur. Switching among camera features like Live focus and Super slo mo can also cause the app to fail

See more topics labeled with:

13 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: S9+ Camera failing

Can I have your baseband version and carrier information?

Constellation

Carrier: AT&T

Baseband: G965U1UES2ARF4

Samsung Moderator

Just to double check, when you updated your device did you restart it?

Constellation

Yes

Samsung Moderator

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

Constellation

Putting the phone into safe mode does not fix the problem

Samsung Moderator

Hey, give this link a try. 

Constellation

Tried all the recommendations on that link. and again it has not solved the problem. The camera may work briefly after rebooting but when switching between modes or apps it crashes/freezes again and is unable to be used for at least an hour.

Samsung Moderator

I recommend doing a factory reset. Please ensure that you back up all of your data prior to doing so.