S9+ and Samsung Pay

SOLVED
Contributor (E)

S9+ and Samsung Pay

I just got my S9+ today (yay!) and when I try to setup Samsung Pay, it tells me that there is an update for Samsung Pay that I have to download before I can use it, but I show no update in Google Pay or Galaxy Apps. I tried clearing the cache and data on Samsung Pay, and have even done a factory reset.

I am using an unlocked Galaxy S9+ 

Baseband version G965U1UEU1ARBG

Build Number R16NW.965U1UEU1ARBG

Samsung Pay Version 2.8.18

Anybody else have this? Any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions
Contributor (E)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shuddle13
‎03-16-2018 04:48 PM

Re: S9+ and Samsung Pay

This was fixed by an update to Samsung Pay that was pushed out through Galaxy Apps today. Works just fine now. 

Constellation

Yes, I have the same exact problem. Also on an unlocked Galaxy S9+ .

I haven't found a solution yet.

Contributor (E)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shuddle13
‎03-16-2018 04:48 PM

This was fixed by an update to Samsung Pay that was pushed out through Galaxy Apps today. Works just fine now. 

Cosmic Ray

@shuddle13wrote:

Are you sure about it? I tried it a couple weeks ago and yes I managed to get the phone to work with the machine but the Samsung Pay notification icon didn't pop up like it did when I was used my Note 5 and Android 7.1. What that means is that that Samsung Pay won't recognize the transaction and give you credit for using their service nor will it show the transactions for the card in your Samsung Pay application. It has to be a problem between Oreo and Samsung Pay's app.