S9 touch scree dead spots

Asteroid

S9 touch scree dead spots

Does anyone else have issues with the Galaxy S9 touch screen? I've got a few dead spots on the bottom half of my screen. Getting a replacement phone shipped but do wonder if it is bad luck or a more common issue with the phone

57 REPLIES
Astronaut

Re: S9 touch scree dead spots

I have a dead spot at the top left of my phone (s9+). It works sometimes and then won't work. Did you just call Samsung directly to get a replacement? 

Astronaut

My S9 has dead spots as well, right out of the box.  Actually a dead strip that runs horizontal next to the bottom volume button.

Asteroid

Yes! I got the phone directly through Samsung and called them for a replacement. They recommended I order a new phone (now on backorder) and send them back the defective device. They emailed the return shipping label to me.

Constellation

After applying the tempered glass i have the same issue but after on the touch sensitivity it works but having problem in picking up the calls it automatically reject and send a message to receiver when the phone is in my pocket but when i turned off the touch Sensitivity it do not cut the call when its ringing in my pocket. Should i replace the phone or what. Please guide.

Asteroid

If anything my s9+ is too sensitive. I haven't seen any apparent dead spots. I wonder how widespread this is...

Constellation

Mines normally on the sides and top and bottom which isn't too bad cause if the first touch doesn't register the second will so I feel you but mines not to bad

Asteroid

Constellation

yes, i do. Having another phone shipped to me. 

Asteroid

A Samsung spokesperson said to Engadget that "We are looking into a limited number of reports of Galaxy S9/S9+ touchscreen responsiveness issues," and encouraged any owners with problems to contact the company directly.

Also this:

At Samsung, customer satisfaction is core to our business and we aim to deliver the best possible experience. We are looking into a limited number of reports of Galaxy S9/S9+ touchscreen responsiveness issues. We are working with affected customers and investigating.

We encourage any customer with questions to contact us directly at 1-800-SAMSUNG.