06-27-2018 12:38 AM - edited 07-18-2018 09:14 PM
The Samsung Messaging has been EXTREMILY BUGGY with RCS / Advanced Messaging on T-Mobile ever since purchase:
1. Scheduled Messages are sent prematurely
2. Scheduled text Messages end up in WRONG threads
3. Messaging incorrectly displays scheduled messages as "sent" when, in fact, the other party has not received them.
4. Duplicate messages sent.
5. Images over 3gb only go about 50% of the time.
All of these errors are new since RCS Messaging was enabled and occurs with the SCHEDULED TEXT feature.
Troubleshooting steps attempted:
1. Run Device Maintenance from Settings
2. Cleared Cache from recovery
3. Cleared Samsung Messages Cache
4. Cleared Samsung Messages Data
5. Deleted ALL MESSAGES
6. Uninstalled Samsung Messages from ADB / USB Debug
7. Reinstalled the latest Samsung Messages apk(Version 188.8.131.52)
8. Just installed the 3rd OTA update since purchase and the buggs are still there.
My device info:
G965USQS2ARF4 (now ARF7)
06-27-2018 08:55 AM
If the issue is just occurring with the scheduled messages, I would go into your date and time settings if it is not set to Auto I would set it to Auto. If it is set to Auto, I would set it Manually, then Manually input the date and time, and then set it back to Auto.
06-27-2018 09:11 AM
If you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps and the issue didn't start until the latest update from your carrier, I would recommend reaching out to your carrier at this point.
06-27-2018 09:20 AM
06-27-2018 09:37 AM
1. I would rather avoid a factory reset
2. I am fairly convinced it is software related
3. The issue does not occur with other Texting apps that do not support RCS.
I really doubt a service tech would be of help as I am fairly certain it is a sofware bug. (probably in the RCS implementation)
I can either:
1. Avoid scheduling messages
2. Use a third party Texting app
However, I do like the RCS features and I do not want to miss out on things like typing indicators, read receipts, better MMS etc.
My purpose in reporting this was to look for troubleshooting steps I can try myself and to report a bug so that hopefully it can be fixed.