Samsung Messages Bugs With the RCS /Advanced Messg Update on T-Mo - Premature Sending, Wrong thread

Comet

Re: Samsung Messages Bugs With the RCS /Advanced Messg Update on T-Mo - Premature Sending, Wrong thr

Thanks I'll take a look. 

Comet

Re: Samsung Messages Bugs With the RCS /Advanced Messg Update on T-Mo - Premature Sending, Wrong thr

Hey, 

Same here doesn't install. It was worth a try though. 

Comet

Hey, 

I found something really good a few minutes ago. Samsung messages inexplicably started trying to send media files as file transfers again. It can't do that so it cancels the message.

I cleared the cache and data and uninstalled the apk update version. 

So I set Android messages as the default and sent a few gif files. Because it doesn't have chat settings yet it shows at the bottom how it's going to send them sms or mms.

I opened developer options running services and there it is. It shows the running processes and services. The service in use is jibe service and the process is android messages RCS. The memory usage shows RCS using 20mb.

Last but not least it's sending the messages using Wi-Fi data. I'm going to stick with android messages. I'll try Samsung messages again after the updates roll out. I turned Wi-Fi calling back on and set to Wi-Fi preferred.

Have a good one, 

CLF 

Asteroid

I would have switched to Android Messages but I like the scheduling option.  Android Messaging doesn't have scheduling yet.

Comet

Yes that's true. I'd like to see that and some other things with android messages. Once T-mobile and Google get everything set up they'll add chat. 

I bailed on Samsung messages because they haven't provided an official update in the galaxy apps store for my phone. I'm currently not using version 5.0. 00.137.  No updates available.

Maybe someday but until then I have no need to use the factory installed version that came with the phone. 

The idea is to use only what they officially provide. Or third party apps like textra and chomp. 

I really like the version your currently using it has some great features but there's just to many annoying issues for it to be reliable and useful.

CLF 

Highlighted
Comet

Hey, 

I didn't know the latest update is posted as available on the T-mobile website. ARF7. There will be a small delay they say. Not a big delay like last time rather a small delay. Some small issues were found I'm shocked. RTT improvements included in this one. 

Asteroid

Oh I didn't know either.

Will check it out.

Comet

Hey, 

I installed ARF7 update this morning. In case you didn't get a notification. Manual check for the update.

CLF 

Comet

Hey, 

I was looking around a bit and saw something weird. I did a factory data reset a few days ago and the Samsung messages app version was back to the default. After this update I see the version has been updated to 5.0.11.21.

I know it didn't come from the galaxy apps store because I've been looking for it and I always have automatic updates turned off..

I'm wondering if the ARF7 update will remove the apk version your running and install version 5.0.11.21. You might want to consider uninstalling the apk version before you install the ARF7 update and see if you still have the scheduled message issue using 5.0.11.21. You can always download the apk version again later. Just a thought. 

Comet

My mistake, 

I read your original post and see now that you didn't download the apk version your using from an unknown source. I thought you were running the one people download from apkmirror.