cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYNM5d5R1i3
Constellation

Ads on lock screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi guys! I have a problem with ads on lock screen and before opening other aps. I bought S9 yesterday, updated to android 9.0, installed basic apps like facebook, instagram - nothing special. 
What I supposed to do? 

53814271_831845960502361_3163602575849160704_n (1).jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Ads on lock screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, this is going to be due to an application that you have installed, not from Samsung or the recent OneUI update.

I would recommend you start by removing apps that contain ads one by one until the ads disappear.

An easy way to know which apps you have installed have ads, is to go to the Google Play Store, press the menu button on the top left, click on my apps & games and click on installed. Switching on each app that is installed on that list well show that's an app contains ads right under the open button. I hope this helps you narrow down which app is flooding your device with ads.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
userFvenezG9rJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you download TouchPal keyboard by chance?

userYNM5d5R1i3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Iwould moon into the app permissions as i see a couple of apps in the picture that could cause this.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I meant look into, not moon.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, this is going to be due to an application that you have installed, not from Samsung or the recent OneUI update.

I would recommend you start by removing apps that contain ads one by one until the ads disappear.

An easy way to know which apps you have installed have ads, is to go to the Google Play Store, press the menu button on the top left, click on my apps & games and click on installed. Switching on each app that is installed on that list well show that's an app contains ads right under the open button. I hope this helps you narrow down which app is flooding your device with ads.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, it sounds like these ads are coming from apps we have on our phones, not due to the recent update. But they only showed up since the update, so now we have no idea how to know which app is causing the ads unless we delete one by one (who even has time for that? It will take days) Even though the ads are not from the update, they actually are, becuase before the update whichever apps that I had did not have popups on my lock screen. 

Is there a way to disable that stupid lock screen? Its a lock screen on my lock screen. I am so irritated about it. 

AndyV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So what you need to do see what app is causing the ads on the lockscreen. This happened when unnecessary apps are downloaded

canada12
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try to reset phone and then go to settings and go to add blocker

userYNM5d5R1i3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for help guys! I removed app DailyFit which I had from the first run.