cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HHD1279
Asteroid

Advanced messaging no longer works after October software update

My advanced messaging no longer works since my phone received a software update Thursday 10/11.  I have tried turning advanced messaging off restarting phone, turning it back on then restarting phone. I have deleted the thread and started a new conversation with my husband. He has the same phone. His advanced messaging no longer works either since his

phone received this update last Thursday. 

Advanced messaging is turned on as is the read receipt button.  No data usage limits or warnings on mobile or wifi.  Right now when you hold your finger on a message and click "status" it shows every message as a "text message " before the update all messages between my husband and I showed they were "advanced messages."

Any suggestions on how to get this issue fixed?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

Re: Advanced messaging no works

@HHD1279 wrote:

My advanced messaging no longer works since my phone received a software update Thursday 10/11.  I have tried turning advanced messaging off restarting phone, turning it back on then restarting phone. I have deleted the thread and started a new conversation with my husband. He has the same phone. His advanced messaging no longer works either since his

phone received this update last Thursday. 

Advanced messaging is turned on as is the read receipt button.  No data usage limits or warnings on mobile or wifi.  Right now when you hold your finger on a message and click "status" it shows every message as a "text message " before the update all messages between my husband and I showed they were "advanced messages."

Any suggestions on how to get this issue fixed?

Thank you!

If you are with ATT with their branded phone, then you may not be alone

HHD1279
Asteroid

Yes. Both my husband and I are with ATT.

Honored Contributor

@HHD1279 wrote:

Yes. Both my husband and I are with ATT.

Have seen few threads around here with similar issue:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9/Advanced-Messaging-not-working-after-recent-update/td-...

ATT and Samsung would need to work on this.  You can fill out the "Contact US form and submit:

https://help.content.samsung.com/csweb/main/ticketGate.do

HHD1279
Asteroid

Thank you ffo the info. 

Highlighted
HHD1279
Asteroid

I received another software update today. It fixed the advanced messaging issue.