cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_6o7EC4f
Astronaut

Advanced messaging not working and couldnt connect to server

Ever since the last update advanced messaging has not worked so there is nothing saying whether a text was read, delivered or anything. Also since the update nearly everytime I go into my messages I get a quick pop up notification that says couldnt connect to server. i cant figure out how to fix either of these problems. my wife's s10 advanced messaging also does not work.

10 REPLIES 10
onemeg
Asteroid

Re: Advanced messaging not working and couldnt connect to server

Same, advanced messaging broke for me after the last update.  Yes it's turned on, yes I've done the wipe cache and all the other suggested fixes from other threads.  Samsung needs to fix!

SamsungLover1
Cosmic Ray

I have an s8+ and this has been going on since my phone updated two days ago. Annoyed as ever with this. I have cleared cache, reset network connections and nothing. 

I have also been having an issue with my block button not actually blocking. I must repeatedly hit the button before it will actually block a phone number. Help Samsung! 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Just to confirm, are you running the Beta on the S10 having the issue with Advanced messaging?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Wolfie410
Constellation

What carrier are you with?

onemeg
Asteroid

Both myself and my mother have S9's with ATT.  Since the update a day or so ago, we no longer see if messages are delivered, read, or see when someone is typing.  As I said, yes it's turned on, and I already did the cache wipe and other fixed suggested in other threads.

Honored Contributor

@onemeg wrote:

Both myself and my mother have S9's with ATT.  Since the update a day or so ago, we no longer see if messages are delivered, read, or see when someone is typing.  As I said, yes it's turned on, and I already did the cache wipe and other fixed suggested in other threads.

Multiple reports of this issue from ATT users with ATT phones.  ATT will need to work with Samsung on this.  Call ATT, report this and let them know that there are many more users that are with ATT having same issues.

Try this:

Settings > connections > more connection settings > reset network connections.  After that you will need to connect to wifi/bluetooth devices again and enter password for wifi networks

SamsungLover1
Cosmic Ray

At&T. I have called them and they are blaming samsung or said to have my phone reflashed. 

Samsung_6zaJgkc
Astronaut

I have a Note 10+ and have been receiving the popup as well. I've been trying to figure out why.

NEVA DAWN
Constellation

Me too. I have tried evrything that they have said to try with no success it annoying urg