cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userLBLFVsipyE
Constellation

Advanced messaging

Ever since the new upgrade I haven't been able to use advanced messaging. Also I am not recieving pictures through the messaging app. My carrier is at&t and they did a bunch of troubleshooting and couldn't find anything wrong. They then connected me to Samsung to figure out if it was a software issue, it was. At&t told me to do a factory reset, that didn't work so they sent me a new phone. I have a galaxy s9+ and the advanced messaging features are still not working and again im not able to send or recieve any pictures. Once the new phone was set up I called samsung again and talked with a tech that had my exact phone in his hand and he proceeded to try and use these features and found that he could not. He then told me he would be telling his supervisor about this issue to try and get it resolved but ive yet to set that happen. I would like to be able to use these features as soon as possible. Please help

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Advanced messaging

Do you experience this issue only when using the stock messaging app or are you using a carrier specific/third party app?

If you use facebook messenger/whatsapp are you able to send and receive messages and videos.

If so, this may be an issue with your SIM/service on your phone. Perhaps a faulty SIM.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userLBLFVsipyE Can you provide phone model excatly? you mentioned new upgrade do you mean you were from iPhone?

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Neutron Star

@userLBLFVsipyE wrote:

Ever since the new upgrade I haven't been able to use advanced messaging. Also I am not recieving pictures through the messaging app. My carrier is at&t and they did a bunch of troubleshooting and couldn't find anything wrong. They then connected me to Samsung to figure out if it was a software issue, it was. At&t told me to do a factory reset, that didn't work so they sent me a new phone. I have a galaxy s9+ and the advanced messaging features are still not working and again im not able to send or recieve any pictures. Once the new phone was set up I called samsung again and talked with a tech that had my exact phone in his hand and he proceeded to try and use these features and found that he could not. He then told me he would be telling his supervisor about this issue to try and get it resolved but ive yet to set that happen. I would like to be able to use these features as soon as possible. Please help

If AT&T sent you a new phone, then it is their branded S9+ mostly likely. 

1) Are the advanced messaging options present in the settings for messages app?

2) I hope AT&T has your phone's IMEI in their database as this is important for some features to work.

3) Take a look at settings>connections>mobile networks>access point names and see if appropriate apn is selected.  Here are 2 examples:

https://apn.gishan.net/en/apn/att/samsung-galaxy-s9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWPTbHeT2qs

This video will show you how to Change APN Settings on your Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9 Plus you are using through AT&T. IF THIS VIDEO HELPED PLEASE MAKE SURE TO GIVE IT A THUMBS UP AND SUBSCRIBE THANKS FOR WATCHING!