cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

After S9 Android 10 Update, microphone and headphone jack are both not working.

As the title says- updated my S9 on Feb 25th and later that day found that I was unable to call. The calls go through but the receiver is unable to hear anything from my end. Tried using the camera app, Snapchat, Instagram, etc and none of the apps are picking up my audio. 

Unsure if it's connected, but when I plug earbuds into the headphone jack, the sound on my phone continues to play through my phone's speakers.

Bluetooth earbuds/headsets solve both of the above issues but I would still like to get any advice/help if possible.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: After S9 Android 10 Update, microphone and headphone jack are both not working.

Same issue...I dictate messenger texts..pop up after upgrade said press here and turn on microphone. Went to area linked..all apps are already set allow microphone.  Very upset by this. I need my microphone back!!!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: After S9 Android 10 Update, microphone and headphone jack are both not working.

Just to clarify the microphone isn't working on your device at all unless connect to a Bluetooth headset is that correct? Give this link a try: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001249/ There are a few things that can cause issues with the microphone on your phone or tablet. For example, an external device such as headphones may be preventing the microphone from working.

Some of the best practices after a software update are wiping the cache partition, updating all apps, clearing the cache and data on the apps you are experiencing symptoms with.

If you are still experiencing these symptoms after performing all of the troubleshooting steps provided, I would recommend backing up your device and doing a factory reset. Give this link a try for a factory reset: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Just got a brand new S9 and am seeing the exact same issue here. I've followed every single suggestion above and the microphone and headphone jack continue to not be working. Seems like a major issue with the latest software update. I've even swapped the phone out for a compeletely different one at TMobile - but the issue remains. Samsung needs to fix this immediately, there'a bug here...

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi. Is this issu

@usert5Dh4b87Bc wrote:

Just got a brand new S9 and am seeing the exact same issue here. I've followed every single suggestion above and the microphone and headphone jack continue to not be working. Seems like a major issue with the latest software update. I've even swapped the phone out for a compeletely different one at TMobile - but the issue remains. Samsung needs to fix this immediately, there'a bug here...

e solved. Please share the solution if solved. Thanks

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If the microphone and headphone jack continue to not work after all troubleshooting is completed, the next step would be to have the phone evaluated by a certified technician. https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung or https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.