cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Alarm does not sound if ringer volume is turned off

My alarm no longer works if the ringer volume is off. It used to work fine when ringer was off, after last update it no longer does.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Alarm does not sound if ringer volume is turned off

Can I please have your full model number, baseband version, Android version, and service provider?

Are you using the stock clock app on your device?

-If yes, I would recommend force stopping and clearing the cache and data. Go to settings > apps > clock > tap on force stop > then tap on storage and clear the cache and data

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode: 

If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue? To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.