cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usercsuRVgutSy
Constellation

Alarm tone keeps playing during phone calls

For maybe the last month every time I make or receive a phone call an alarm tone will randomly start playing a few minutes into the call (think 'Basic Bell' after a timer runs out, on repeat until the end of time). Sometimes it stops after a few minutes, other times it will go on and on for the duration of the call. I do not have any alarms, timers or reminders set, and when I check the display there are no alerts or even an indication that an alert is going off. The person on the end can never hear the sound, but it is driving me absolutely insane. 

My S9 is only 10 months old so I'm hoping its a software issue, but haven't come across anybody experiencing the same issue. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Sun

Re: Alarm tone keeps playing during phone calls

Hey, 

Have you tried clearing the cache and data for the clock app? Also check the reminder app it has a ring once and a keep ringing setting with basic bell as a tone option. 

Also open the phone app select settings, select call Alerts and ringtones to make sure notify during calls is turned off.

CLF 

usercsuRVgutSy
Constellation

I have looked through absolutely all of my settings and the only thing I was yet to change was alert notifications in the phone app, which unfortunately still didn't hasn't helped.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you try placing a phone call while your phone is in safe mode so we can rule out any third-party application shenanigans?