cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GraalSubtle
Asteroid

All of My Secure Folder Data (Images, Videos, etc. ever single thing) Disappeared without Any Reason

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I really don't know what to do, and am really upset that all of my Secure Folder files seems disappeared after Gallery or My Files update without any reason. But my memory usage still same, there is no decrease indication... What is this, and what to do? So many unique videos are gone. I need them immediately. Please help, sincerely yours...

Screen record of the issue

______________20190329_155616.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GraalSubtle
Asteroid

Re: All of My Secure Folder Data (Images, Videos, etc. ever single thing) Disappeared without Any Re

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh my supreme Gosh!.. Smiley LOL Interestingly, problem/issue seems solved. I applied 'device care' and restarted the phone, at the very first, secure folder data was still lost, but gradually they all (videos, etc.) came back and showed up. But I want to ensure the problem won't be recurring. So, I'm curious, what is exactly happening? What does it mean? And what to do to prevent relapsing of issue.  This is aftermath screen record :-) 

8 REPLIES 8
GraalSubtle
Asteroid

Re: All of My Secure Folder Data (Images, Videos, etc. ever single thing) Disappeared without Any Re

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any signifigant or insignificant help would be appreciated... 🙏

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: All of My Secure Folder Data (Images, Videos, etc. ever single thing) Disappeared without Any...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried to clear the cache of the secure folder application then doing a soft reset on the device?

GraalSubtle
Asteroid

Re: All of My Secure Folder Data (Images, Videos, etc. ever single thing) Disappeared without Any...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJace wrote:

Have you tried to clear the cache of the secure folder application then doing a soft reset on the device?

I did it now, excluding reset. Cleared the cache if you mean this:

But everything is still missing. What is happening!?... 😪😪😥

Screenshot_20190329-201724_Settings.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alrighty let's give this a shot, can you go into your secured folder and back up the data that is there to your Samsung account?

GraalSubtle
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh my supreme Gosh!.. Smiley LOL Interestingly, problem/issue seems solved. I applied 'device care' and restarted the phone, at the very first, secure folder data was still lost, but gradually they all (videos, etc.) came back and showed up. But I want to ensure the problem won't be recurring. So, I'm curious, what is exactly happening? What does it mean? And what to do to prevent relapsing of issue.  This is aftermath screen record :-) 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So from what I can tell it seems like The secured folder application has updates coming from both the Google Play Store and the Galaxy Store, for some reason when the application updates through the Play Store sometimes things go a little wonky. To prevent future craziness I recommend going into the Play Store and disabling auto updates for the secured folder app then going into the Galaxy Store and enabling them.

GraalSubtle
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fist of all, thanks for your reply. Auto-update through Google Play has disabled as of yet upon your advise!.. But I searched and couldn't find the app in Galaxy Store. A weird situation...Screenshot_20190329-222736_Galaxy Store.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah, my bad it has actually been taken out of the Galaxy Store. I do still recommend keeping auto updates off and only updating the app when you have the ability to perform a soft reset on the device after installation.