JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Allow disabling Secure Wifi bloatware

(Topic created: 09-28-2018 02:47 PM)
Options
Galaxy S Phones

With the latest update it added the Secure Wifi bloatware that now warns you every time you connect to "unsecure" wifi.  Allow disabling this Samsung!

19 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones

try that in safe mode? if u still sees the pop up, then it is what it is. however if u dont see the pop up again in safe mode, then u have to uninstall one by one of the apps to find out which app is causing it

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is a built in feature of the phone after the latest phone update. It's not a third party app.

Options
Galaxy S Phones

doesn't hurt to try. any apps that u have can cause the built in feature to act abnormal. cuz i dont see that in mine. att gs9.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I should also note that I have the US Unlocked Galaxy S9.  Also it started popping up after the August 1st security patch that Samsung pushed out.

Options
Galaxy S Phones

what is the carrier that u use? what's the software build number from the settings > about phone?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Carrier is Cricket not that it matters because this phone gets updates straight from Samsung.  Build it's running is R16NW.G960U1UES3ARI1.  This needs to go to Samsung devs.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

that's where u r mistaken. even for the unlocked phones, samsung has to get approved by the carrier. that's y ppl get the updates all different times.

anyway i would factory reset and see if that helps. if not, then take it to ubreakifix for a diagnosis. worst case scenario, exchange.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung does not get approved by the carrier for it's Factory Unlocked Phones.  It's nothing wrong with the phone, it's a software update that Samsung pushed out that is wanting you to pay for secure wifi.  See screenshots.

https://image.ibb.co/h5Ykrp/Screenshot_20180928_165107_Secure_Wi_Fi.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/hzb5rp/Screenshot_20180928_165103_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

how u know samsung doesn't get approved by carriers for the factory unlocked phones? lol do u work for samsung? lol

0 Likes