JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Allow disabling Secure Wifi bloatware

(Topic created: 09-29-2018 10:10 AM)
Options
Galaxy S Phones

With the latest update it added the Secure Wifi bloatware that now warns you every time you connect to "unsecure" wifi.  Allow disabling this Samsung!

19 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How do you know Samsung gets approval from carriers for factory unlocked phones?  This would defeat the purpose of a factory unlocked phone.

0 Likes
userBC7yV5oQXa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Reset? Exchange? It's part of the Samsung software.

0 Likes
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

I have the galaxy S9. 

I have secure Wi-Fi listed in Wi-Fi settings advanced settings. It is not activated by default. In order to use it you first have to agree to the terms and conditions and then activate it. If you don't want to pay for its premium service you get 250 mb of free bandwidth each month. 

I chose not to use it. I don't have any pop-up notifications associated with it. 

You might try going into settings /Apps/  select Secure Wi-Fi / tap on the storage entry and clear the cache and data. Tap the back key and find the notifications entry on the list and turn off the notifications.

It's runs at startup but only holds about 12 mb of memory. It's just another app or service option on my phone that I don't use but a lot of people use every day. 

Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you! This seems to have worked, I went into apps and cleared the cache and data as well as disabled the notifications and it is no longer bugging me about unsecure wifi.
0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's good to hear that thanks. If it starts again let me know. As you mentioned constant notifications or advertising from apps I don't use are extremely annoying and I have a really low tolerance same as you.

Have a good one, 

CLF 

Karpinski65
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It didn't work for me. It still keeps popping up after clearing the cache. It wouldn't bother me so much but it won't allow me to connect to my work router.

algorythm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This also worked for me, S9+ with Danish Telia operator. Also important is to force stop the app.

All the junk Samsung phones have in them (not only this , but also junk like, for me , Bixby, kept me away from them between the first Galaxy S phone and this company owned S9+ I have. @samsung978531 @@ STOP filling up your phones with Junk!

Debbiedreams2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I would love to get rid of secure wifi. it will not allow me to disable it and the amount of data it gives is 250 mb but it wants to say my wifi is not secure when it is. i told it to trust it and it added my wifi then does the same. i have a secure wifi connection it has already used 6 mb on a secure wifi which is crazy.
0 Likes
Debbiedreams2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
it sends the advertisement to my notifications and wants me to try it. I have no wish for this app on my phone.
userLoHqonxzm9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just got the S21.

Samsung has doubled down on this failure: still can't disable or uninstall but now: Can NOT disable notifications or even set home/work/known safe wifi as exceptions to their insane customer hating piece of software.

0 Likes