cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEEU6yflNmG
Constellation

Always On Display changes by itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Background - I have a particular clock face that I prefer for my Always On Display (AOD). For the year or so that I've had my Galaxy S9, whenever I change themes I go to the AOD and change the clock face back to my preferred. I would only have to do that whenever I changed themes.

Since the pie update, whenever I change themes I go into AOD and change it back to my preferred clock face and it will stay that way for a while. But then it changes back to the theme's default clock face, even though I didn't change anything. I can change it back but within a few hours it changes itself again.

I have tried rebooting my phone and I have tried many different themes, and the AOD keeps changing by itself. I know how to change the clock, and other settings for the AOD. I want to know if there is a way to stop the themes from changing AOD back to their default.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
userEEU6yflNmG
Constellation

Re: Always On Display changes by itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got an answer through Samsung tech support.

Basically if the developer of each theme didn't update it to be compatible with pie it will keep doing this.

Therefore I now only choose themes that don't have AOD as part of it. 

4 REPLIES 4
usersEPh4khvpX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. I like the AOD clock to stay large so I can see it but my theme affects it. It reverts back to the theme AOD even after I change it. This wasn't an issue until the update.

user4SyAUuE3kr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here.

userSyP2jaByt8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ugh... Same .I keep coming back and hoping someone has a solution .

Highlighted
userEEU6yflNmG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got an answer through Samsung tech support.

Basically if the developer of each theme didn't update it to be compatible with pie it will keep doing this.

Therefore I now only choose themes that don't have AOD as part of it.