cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useraMoct5rSho
Constellation

Always On Display does not show up automatically on S9+ after updating to android Pie

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I updated my S9+ to to Android Pie and now Always On Display does not come up automatically. When I tap on the blank screen, it shows up, but before the update, it used to show up automatically as soon as the phone screen goes dark. No lighting issue. Can anyone please help?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Re: Always On Display does not show up automatically on S9+ after updating to android Pie

JUMP TO SOLUTION
OneUI defaults to a double-tap option, but you can change this in the AOD options to a schedule or always active.

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
22 REPLIES 22
Comet

Re: Always On Display does not show up automatically on S9+ after updating to android Pie

JUMP TO SOLUTION
OneUI defaults to a double-tap option, but you can change this in the AOD options to a schedule or always active.

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
useraMoct5rSho
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! 

(settings >> Lock screen >> Always on display >> Display mode >> Show always)

Cegrover
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You beat me to it. I can confirm this also worked for me.

Thanks!!!

userXHa9Sq72WE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Worked for me as well. Thanks!

userASc23X1zV8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same issue, thanks for the info!!!!

userT2RYsd2Vdz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow! Talk about making it difficult to find!  Thanks!!!

agent47isn1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried this with my s10 + and didn't work I tried everything it now only works in landscape mode with double tap or always on but refuses to work in portrait mode

userTO83nMxA40
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S8 was just updated this morning, and that was driving me nuts!  All set now.  Thank you so much!!

uservOuYdrztjC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My AOD options are curretnly set to "alway on display" but since the update nothing shows up on the screen anymore when it's not in use (on either of my Galaxy S9+'s)....frustrating as I used to use this as my nightstand clock.