cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Android 10 Update. LED notification not working anymore.

Please read this.    All Phones made before the S10 Phone will have a 'broken' LED after the Version 10 Android update.

This is becase the S10 and newer phones no longer have the LED so the "LED CODE" was not updated for the Version 10 Android release.

Samsung is currently working on the latest phones. These old phones, that we all paid lots of money for, are not being worked on now.

What Samsung needs to do is ADD LED Notification support to the 10 release, this code will not be needed on the latest phones just on the older phones. Like My S9+.    We need to get lots of people screaming about this problem.   The more we scream the more apt they are going to work on it.   All I know is they KNOW about it.

Highlighted
Constellation

Me too on my S9+ unlocked with my second UI2 update yesterday notification led not working.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

OK IM GOT NOTE 9 UNLOCKED 512 WORKING PERFECTLY NO ISSUES IM HAVE GOOD LOCK ALSO ON IT HAVE ESFILE EXPLOER ON IT SAVED ALL GOOD LOCK APPS AND GOOD LOCK IT SELF WHEN UPDATED TO SAMSUNG UI 2.0 ANDROID 10. BROGN OLD GOOD LOCK APPS TO NEW VERSIONS OF SAMSUNG UI 2.0 EVERYTHING WORKED PERFECTLY MY NOTIFICATION WIRKING PERFECTLY JUST HAD DUAGHTER TEXT ME WORKING GREAT ...😃😄😊🕺🕺🕺🕺

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

UPDATE 2/25/2020
Today, I got my Second Update that included ANDROID 10, On my Galaxy S9+

LED notification is STILL BROKEN

Now I guess the update was to fix bugs in the latest devices.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

The latest update is/was a February security patch, it did not include fixes for anything. I received it yesterday. I expect this issue to be resolved eventually but I doubt it will be anytime soon.

Cosmic Ray

I agree with you.  All I want to do now is try my phone after every update and post the result here.   I also go into Chat and let the person know the result of my testing.  The way I see this is every Phone with an LED will have notification propblems after the FIRST Android 10 update.  The shear number of phones that have been effected by this should be stagering and 'should' light some fires under some rearends.

Highlighted
Asteroid

until Samsung fixes this issue, you can use the app LED Me Know, it works pretty well as an LED replacement

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same here, just installed the Android 10 update yesterday morning, light worked before that, not anymore. Have been through all the possible steps to correct, still not working. Very annoying- I work overnight and sleep during the day so keep my phone silent, so I rely on that light. This is unacceptable, great job testing the update before you pushed it out... when will it be fixed???

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I'd much rather have edge lighting. Way cooler. 🤪

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

If you are made of money go ahead and recyle you old phone and blow more on a new one.  You sure would make Samsung Happy.