cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Android 10 Update. LED notification not working anymore.

Led notification is the past. Live in the now. That's what they're trying to do

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I am distressed with all of the problems that this update is doing to our phones. You're right, we do have last gen phones, but are promised two workable upgrades. With our contracts, and they are not honoring their end. Samsung please fix this mess. I've been loyal to your brand ever since I bought an s7, I've recommended your phones. Be loyal to your consumers!

Highlighted
Constellation

That's probably because they want you to upgrade to an S-10 or an S-20, because none of the S-10's came with the LED lights any longer, which I didn't like when I got my new phone last March of 2019.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

What you just posted goes without saying.  I have a problem.  I am not made of money.  Samsung made my S9+. They also released code that BROKE my S9+. For crying out loud a rollback to old antique 9 code would solve the notification problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

I received the Android-10 update earlier this week.  (Sprint).  Due to hearing loss, it helps to SEE the LED blinking when a call was missed, or text received.  

It's hard to believe that Samsung would INTENTIONALLY remove the "LED Notification" option from the Display settings menu.  But apparently that's exactly what they did.  Very sad.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I understand the Update was for the latest devices that DO NOT have an LED. The Latest Devices use Edge Lighting Exclusively.  So you have an update in one hand and then an Android 10 update in the other. They make the mistake to update all ‘active’ phones to Android 10 and the code that does not support notifications (LED) correctly on older phones is spread all over the world. I would bet the newest ones work fine. Samsung did update many apps to work in Android 10. They did cough up a large hairball.  This update has no support for the LED and here we complain about it and we have to sit and wait.  If you want to complain on twitter: #SamsungBrokenLED

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I understand you.  I am not hard of hearing but I hate my phone making noise. I like it when my LED goes from green (Fully charged) to Flahing Blue (Message).

I understand the Update to 10 was for the NEWEST devices that do not have an LED.  This update makes the New Phones work but the Notifications in LOCK are broken on older devices that have an LED.  I doubt this was done on purpose.   I WOULD GUESS THIS: The developers were under pressure to get the newest (profit making) phones working perfectly.   No LED so no code for LED was necessary.  All they cared about was the latest phones.  If they work they are in the clear.  A maintainence group must be getting complaints.  These folks keep the old phones working. The NPD  new product developers dropped a big hairball on the maintainence guys.

Highlighted
Constellation

Led notification light not working since the android 10 update on my note 9...

Highlighted
Astronaut

Would anyone know when android 10/One UI 2 coming out on s9 unlocked in the States?

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same issue! So frustrating!