cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Android 10 Update. LED notification not working anymore.

Hey, 

@dave1977nj,

I installed the android 10 update two days ago. I checked the led notification and the edge lighting. They both appear when the screen is off and locked. I tested using Samsungs messages, Gmail, and others. I hope the next update brings these features back to your phone.

T-mobile

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

G960USQU7DTA8

Security Patch Level

February 1st 2020 

Highlighted
Asteroid

CLF,

I used an app to prevent my phone from updating but unfortunately my wife's phone slipped through the cracks and she received the update.

The missed call notification light, which used to blink green DOES NOT WORK any longer. Check your phone.

Tried all common troubleshooting procedures. 

Samsung should fix this but will not ignore it. All of a sudden my wife envies the S8 users for not being forced into the update. 

I will NEVER understand why the OS update is FORCED. My phone, my decision. This is absolute crap

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@user2Z7zwP9aVY

I checked the missed call and voice mail notification. Both are set to alert and blink led. They are working fine no issues.

CLF 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I checked the settings you mentioned, tried to toggle the switch. Negative results. The led light for missed calls is not working plain & simple. 

Highlighted
Constellation

From what I have discovered. This issue only happen in unlocked phones. My friend has the same phone from ATT locked post paid & has no isses. I also have ATT unlocked on pre paid. The only way I was able to get the led to work for messages was to turn on Edge lighting still does not work for missed calls, voice mail or emails. Defintley a code issue & Samsung needs to send out a new update to fix this issues. I as well do not like to update to a new version but my friend did with out a hitch so I did the same & I regret it!!

Highlighted
Asteroid

My wife's phone is a Tmobile phone. Ironically, they were one of the last to push the update. Then they paused for a couple of days, for an unknown reason. Then they started to push the notification again.

My biggest gripe is that, there is no option given to the OWNER of the phone to decide to upgrade. 

If given option, then you can decide if you want to upgrade with the known issues or the sacrifices. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

If you want to complain on TWITTER use this #SamsungBrokenLED      It seems they do not give a darn about this Community. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

3/11/2020 UPDATE

Samsung is FULLY aware of the problem.

Samsung will have a repair out on a FUTURE update.

I cannot answer when.  All I know is a FUTURE update will solve our notification problems.

I cannot and nobody will give us a WHEN.

Highlighted
Asteroid

My wife has an S9 and was facing this issue from few weeks. I tried fixing it by copying same notification settings as were on my S9+. But instead lost my own indicator light notification in the process (which was working fine earlier). Its definitely a bug in One UI 2 update.

I am from India.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried looking at this article here? http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01201086/