cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

Re: Android 10 Update. LED notification not working anymore.

FYI  Another Android Update for my S9+ Yesterday (3/30/2020) and the problem is still there. Notifications with LED do not work.  The Code to Run the Notifications to operate the LED is bad or missing.  Samsung is dragging their feet with this problem. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

This is really starting to get old.  I went around in circules this AM.  When Locked, with AUDIO ON.  When the Screen is LOCKED.  I get no sound upon a New text.   I get no BLUE FLASHING LED on New Text.  I find Notifications are not correct since the FIRST Android 10 Update. For Unknown reasons I think I got sound ONCE when I got a text.  I tried several times and I could not get it to happen again.  When the PHONE is Locked, I have it pluhgged into the charger.  the LED is SOLID GREEN.   No matter what happens with any text. The phone stays green.   This is very annoying. My Empathy is peaking for persons that cannot hear.  That LED chhanging color and flahing has to be wonderful for anyone that cannot hear a PING.   

Highlighted
Asteroid

The LED notification error has finally been fixed in the April update !!! Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Asteroid

Didn't get the update yet I just checked, I will post back when I get the update.

Highlighted
Asteroid

This update is not available OTA in the US as of yet. It does include some improvements and fixes as well as the normal security patch, I've been reading about this update for a couple of weeks and was hopeful that it would take care of the issue. The changelog does not list the LED fix but they typically don't list their screw ups and just sneaks the fixes in.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Dears,

Today i received April update.

LED is working after update installed. It is working eventhoug Edge light is off. It is working for Missed calls, finnaly.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I just received the April security patch and that's all it is, in the US it does not include any of the software fixes that the rest of the world seems to have gotten. Available now on Verizon, Sprint and Xfinity Mobile. Note to some posters here claiming it is fixed, this is the US forum and all we received was a security patch.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@bumboola 

Hi

You are probably right. I am from Europe /Slovakia. I got Security + SW update, size about 380 MB.

Highlighted
Astronaut

@userRsVUaT5DKy  Hello there. I'm from Slovakia as well. Mine Note 9 (official SVK distribution) has been experiencing same issue. All works fine except missed calls notification. I've also went thru factory reset + April's security update, but no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Highlighted
Asteroid

@Bohinko 

Hi Slovak Smiley Wink

I made two more actions:

- turn off and back on LED indicator setting

- Wipe cache partion

Additionally, be aware condition to work LED indicator for Missed call is that at the moment you got misssed call, display must be turned off.