cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Android 10 Update. LED notification not working anymore.

This issue is not only exclusive to unlocked S9s.  My Xfinity S9+ has the same issue.

It's a software issue and visiting a repair location is not going to yield any answers.  My LED notification worked just fine with android 9 installed.  Not so much after the update.  This tells me it's a software problem, not a problem with the phone.  So, do all of us who shelled out a lot of money for these phones a favor and fix the issue.  Simple as that.  Also, these "solutions" you posted are not solutions at all, they are work arounds.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

Lol led notifications went away ages ago

Highlighted
Asteroid

If by "ages ago" you mean on 1-28-2020, then yeah, they did go away (with the android 10 update).  Worked fine before that.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Android 9 and 10 don't have led notifications anymore he must be really running an old version of Android get with the program and get a newer phone already for God's sake

Highlighted
Astronaut

@orlandotommy wrote:

Android 9 and 10 don't have led notifications anymore he must be really running an old version of Android get with the program and get a newer phone already for God's sake

You have NO IDEA what you're talking about. Galaxy S9 with lastest Android 9 - LEDs work fine. Updated to Android 10 and functionality ceased. Please step aside.

Highlighted
Asteroid

It appears you are just trolling because you have no clue as to what you're talking about.  Since I have the phone, I can tell you first hand that you are not correct.  LED notification did, in fact, work with Android 9 as I stated in my reply to your last trolling post.  So, do those of us a favor who want this to be fixed and leave since you aren't contributing to this thread in a positive manner.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

My LED works just fine with android 10. I did do a factory reset when I got android 10 download on my unlocked s9. Once finished factory resetting I turned led notification off on every individual app then turned my phone off did a cache wipe. rebooted my phone turned every individual app led notification back on now LED notifications works fine for me at least so idk maybe you guys/girls should maybe try it you will also get a ton of memory back 🤷🏻‍♂️

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

If you did a factory reset than all the apps you downloaded were gone.  If you want to see if your apps cause the problem you SAFE BOOT.   This does not load your apps.   Then you see if your apps cause the problem.  On my S9+ this test did nothing.   A factory Reset also resets your settings to a default setting.  Most of us have messed with settings until we were blue in the face.  After an hour of that some come here.  The problem is not memory.  It sounds like you may have gone back to 9.  The Code that Samsung released in Android 10 has no support for the LED.  Apps set a notification. The System APP (LED) takes in Notification data and flashes the LED.    The Code that runs the LED was not updated for 10 because the LATEST phones do not have an LED.  A friend thinks this is planned obsolescence. I am starting to agree with her.   I turned to twitter where more of the public can see our issues. #SamsungBrokenLED  I get upset every time I see an ad for the S20.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am definitely in agreement with posting this issue on Twitter as well, and will do so.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I had the same issue but I found this great app called, "Light Menager 2" it offers multiple colors and it work amazingly. So I recommend you to try this app out.