cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Android 10 Update. LED notification not working anymore.

Similar thing here on my Note 9 (SM-N960U). Since the update to Android 10 a week or so ago I have no notification leds anymore, plus it seems my notification icons on the status bar go hiding shortly after receiving a notification. Only a swipe down makes them visible again. Definitely a bug in the update Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Constellation

@svache wrote:

Similar thing here on my Note 9 (SM-N960U). Since the update to Android 10 a week or so ago I have no notification leds anymore, plus it seems my notification icons on the status bar go hiding shortly after receiving a notification. Only a swipe down makes them visible again. Definitely a bug in the update Smiley Sad

Exact same problem here on ATT S9+ tried resetting all phone settings and clearing cache partition, along with messing with every setting I could think of but no luck. Friend with ATT S9 having identical problem. It's pretty annoying to have to check every app individually for new messages or alerts.

Disappointing and frustrating that this problem made it though QC and lack of response from Samsung.

Highlighted
Asteroid

After updating S9 S9+ Note9 to android 10, the notification LED does not work properly.

I found the cause of the problem. There is a conflict between the notification LED and Edge light. If Edge light is off, the notification LED for missed calls will work. However, it does not work for messages and other applications that use Edge light. If Edge light is turned on, stops working for missed calls and works for applications using Edge light. It also happens that after a few reboots of the phone, the LED for missed calls starts flashing green and then completely stops working and turning off/on Edge light no longer helps.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Please send a bug report via the Samsung Members app is the quickest way to fix it.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

It is not really a bug. Code Support for the LED was not written as the newest devices do not have an LED.  So the Code was released and it kills devices with a LED.  You have to understand they are not making money on the phone that you paid for in your hand.  It is the new ones peopel want. That is why this will be tough to get stuff done.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue here with my S10+... also the screen wake time has about a 5 to 8 second delay when pressing the button to wake screen when it should be instant. Anyone else having that issue?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Shame on Samsung .. such errors should not take place in a business phone for 1000 euros or should be repaired immediately !!!

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have the same problem now. It doesn't work anymore after a few reboots and there is no way to solve this problem. This is an update bug and samsung must fix it !!!

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9-S9/LED-notification-not-working-after-Android-10-updat...

Highlighted
Constellation

Unfortunately the only way is to hammer samsung members with reports of this bug since Samsung still didn't aknowledge this issue...

Such a shame.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have a Note 9 and was experiencing the same thing. For me, I noticed that the problem mainly applied to text messages. I was using the Google Messages app, and switched to the Samsung Messages app and all is working now. Try switching your messaging app.