cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Android 10 Update Overheat/Lag

Hello, 

I have just recently updated my s9+ from Android Pie through a clean install. But I seem to encountering lots of keyboard lagging and frequent device overheating. It has been pretty noticeable to the point that I'm thinking of reverting to Android 9.

Additionally, we seem to be encountering lots of errors when I checked on the logcat of the phone which seems to be an issue with the software update. I think there are other people experiencing this as well. Is there a fix that is in works for this?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Android 10 Update Overheat/Lag

Hello,

You can try these few troubleshooting steps to see if this helps any.

- Perform a Soft Reset

1. Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously for up to 45 seconds.
2. Release both buttons when the Samsung logo appears.

- Quit background apps

1. Touch and hold the Recent apps key at the bottom left corner of your phone. Doing so will open the recent apps previews.
2. Swipe individual apps to the right to close them.
3. Alternatively, tap the X to close the app.
4. If you have multiple apps running in the background, tap the option to CLOSE ALL.

- Update apps

1. Open the Apps screen by swiping on an empty spot from the Home screen.
2. Tap Play Store.
3. Navigate to Menu-> My Apps.
4. See if there are available updates for your apps.
5. Tap Update next to individual apps to install new updates for each app.
6. If you see multiple updates, tap the option to Update All apps with updates available at once.

- Wipe the system cache partition

1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press the Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Highlighted
Constellation

I think I have already mentioned about me doing a clean install. Any other solutions? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Regretfully, the next step would be to have the phone hardware evaluated by a certified technician. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Just reverted to Android 9 and the lag/overheating issue is gone. Seems like you need to have quality control over your updates Samsung. Get your act together as this is not a hardware thing if it works properly before an OS is updated. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Looks like this is an issue with OneUI 2.0/2.1. Even your note series is encountering this issue after updating the OS.

Lots of ghost touches which makes it really unusable. Can someone fix this???  Really unacceptable for a $1000 dollar phone.