cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Android 10 updates on xfinity mobile s9 now mms texts don't work

I received the android 10 update to my samsung s9(xfinity mobile carrier). Immediately after the update my mms text messages stopped working. My 3rd party text apps don't work at all and I have had to go back to the factory app. I can't send pictures at all. My group texts get separated to the original sender where I have to download before they expire and then they download back into the group text.

I have restarted my phone. Tried with the data turned on, reset network setting and cleared my cache with no luck. Also tried using different messaging apps. Contacted Xfinity this morning who advised that many samsung users are reporting the same issues and to contact samsung.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: Android 10 updates on xfinity mobile s9 now mms texts don't work

I have the same issue on the same carrier, but I can send MMS if I turn WiFi off. It's not enough to turn data on. The real issue is that the messages should be transmitting over WiFi, but they won't . It's as if the data module sees that WiFi is on and connected and assumes it doesn't need to handle the message, but the WiFi module isn't up to the task, so neither does the job.

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
Cosmic Ray

So, this tends to be happening a lot with android 10 update, myself included. It is majorly a system error but sometimes it can be a carrier error. But what I would suggest doing is open up your message app, tap the 3 vertical dots on the right hand side > Settings > Chat settings, accept all sizes of files, put a nickname if you want > go back out to Settings > More Settings > Make sure Push Message is set to Always > Multimedia text messages > check everything and make sure restrictions are free. Restart device and give it try, if it doesn't then seak tech support of Xfinity.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Also make sure if you are not connected to wifi, check to see if wifi calling is turned on, if so and its checked to cellular preferred, immediately change it to wifi preferred but then turn off wifi calling as it drains battery

Highlighted
Asteroid

So xfinity sent me to samsung saying its a major problem reported to them. Samsung wants me to do a data reset, which I am not quite ready to do yet.

Highlighted
Constellation

I tried all of that lost a bunch of data and it still did not work.  Have you had any luck?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

If you plan on ever doing a factory reset with Samsung, make sure you have your Samsung account logged in, back it up to the their cloud, back it up from the account menu, same with your gmail.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Got to settings, apps, and scroll down to messages, tap on it and tap on the storage, clear cache and data, you may lose previous texts but this may just save you, do you still get messages from otgers?

Highlighted
Asteroid

So the factory reset was a fail. The only way I can send pics or mms texts is if I turn off wifi and turn off data. I have never needed to use data in the 1.5 years I've had this phone. I have cleared all cache and data before that. No answer from samsung after the reset failed.

Highlighted
Constellation

I did that as well and lost the text I was trying to download.