cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CleeS901
Asteroid

Re: Android pie 9.0 beta question

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's just Samsung in general honestly. They have a track record of making the best hardware in the industry but the worst software support. If they would take advantage of the goodies Google has laid out for them and actually pushed out monthly updates they would be much more popular. If it's the Samsung Expeirence/Touchwiz 2.0 that's making it such a issue and stops Samsung from speeding up the system updates I have a simple suggestion. Change the skin! Customize it so that it doesn't take 6+ months after a new version of Android has been released to push it out to your phones! As customers we shouldn't have to suffer from their negligence of software and security updates that could put us in danger of having someone hack or break into our phones! This has always been a major issue with Samsung and I hope they get their heads on straight and start to take advantage of Project Treble before something disastrous happens and they lose millions of customers because they didn't push out a update to fix a bug or security issue that almost every other company has pushed out a update to fix. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why do I see alot of people on here complain about NOT getting monthly security updates? I have a s9 on sprint I got back in May and I've got a security update every month.. yeah it's usually more towards the middle\end of the month but I always get them

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user5AjUN6pcMa wrote:

Why do I see alot of people on here complain about NOT getting monthly security updates? I have a s9 on sprint I got back in May and I've got a security update every month.. yeah it's usually more towards the middle\end of the month but I always get them

Not everyone gets them 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why doesn't everyone get them? Is there a specific reason?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the feeling the beta sign up is gonna start today coming up, the 31st

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user5AjUN6pcMa wrote:

I have the feeling the beta sign up is gonna start today coming up, the 31st

If it isn't on the 31st then definitely in the first week of November

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agreed...I been checking on here ALOT , I got a regular gs9 on Samsung and supposedly my phone is eligible for it

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I'm off from work tomorrow so I can stay up LOL

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nice lol 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I already use a dark theme I'm more looking forward to there hopefully having the weather on the AOD instead of having to use and on going notification, the adaptive battery and the wind down mode