cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzxWogKZQCC
Constellation

Annoying hyperlinks in Text messages

Hi there,

I see this has been brought up but not addressed....PLEASE make an option to turn of the auto-hyperlinks in text messages for any time, date, 'today', 'tomorrow', literally anything. This is an incredibly annoying and NOT useful feature. It is so simple to just open calendar to create an event, instead this is breaking up other hyperlinks that have any date/time/root word in them, as well as cluttering up texts.

I'm creating a new thread because the other has not been addressed. 

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung_s7Y6Eor
Astronaut

Re: Annoying hyperlinks in Text messages

I now have this annoying issue, as well, thanks to a system update just this past Sunday, December 15th. This NEEDS to be addressed and resolved. 

user6wBwdW2z5S
Constellation

I am having the same issue on my S8 since an update. I need to have an option to remove these links. I use my phone for work and DO NOT want colleagues and candidates to have access to my personal calendar. Terrible feature!

KevMel
Astronaut

I have the same problem on my Samsung S9 Plus. It's annoying ! I can't beleave they still did not fix this by simply adding an option to disable hyperlinks in Messages

I saw other users with Note10, S10 with the same problem.

Highlighted
userP8F8yyXQ29
Constellation

Please allow an option to remove this "feature". I find it completely unnecessary and annoying.

userHT4YHIqUdA
Astronaut

PLEASE REMOVE THE HYPERLINKS. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON TOO LONG.

user4L6kBPt5Yq
Constellation

I am having this same issue and would like to know if there is any way to fix it through app settings, inout settings, etc.