cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

April Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I installed the April update this morning. T-mobile SM-G960U. So far I've noticed a new entry in settings apps titled One UI Home which let's me access it's settings while using a third party launcher. I see a much nicer graph in Device Care battery usage. I noticed that in the quick settings panel the night mode icon has. features to turn it on automatically based on sunrise and sunset and a new custom time setting  I'm not sure why I still have 2 of them they both seem to activate night mode and open the same settings panel when long pressed. Has anyone noticed some new features or improvements? Let us all know if you do. Thanks, CLF

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: April Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sure they know and are checking to see if it's any of their apps, services or processes and I expect Google is doing the same thing. My battery issues seem small compared to others I see on this forum and the S10 forum.

Because I was already running Android 9.0 and Samsung One UI Beta the public release for me was small around 238 mbs. Something in there caused the battery issues I have. 

I'm using device care to monitor the battery usage. I'm not so sure it's 100% accurate. Sometimes apps and services just disappear from the list in the day view panel. So I will wait for the next system update and hope for the best.

CLF 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Shelbrain
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One thing I noticed is that after receiving an update 10 days ago or so, yesterday I received another update which I thought was a little odd.

Reenie9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Did you notice battery life improvements? We all know the issues S10 is having with battery drain and I was hoping the update would fix them.
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

@Reenie9

I'm watching it to make sure that it's not a temporary improvement before I post. So far I see a pretty good improvement in stanby usage and in active use.

Prior to to this update after 8 to 9 hrs on standby the battery level would show around 80 to 82%. The graph looked like a side view of a staircase. Today it stayed almost horizontal and the battery level was at 95%. I think I should give it a few more days. I know it's not perfect but it looks like a pretty good improvement so far.

CLF 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

@Reenie9

I did see one strange thing when I was charging the phone. Battery has charged to 99% and the estimated remaining time until fully charged showed 1 hr.

I unplugged the charger and powered off. Plugged it back in let charge to 100% unplugged it booted into the recovery console and cleared the system cache partition. This worked perfectly. 

Reenie9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you for your review on the update, I'm kind of scared they won't fix the battery drain problem since so many users are having it, I hope with this one it will be solved... I'll wait for more of your updates
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

The good overnight battery usage stats seem to happen once in a while. No rhyme or reason to it. This morning it's back to the way it has been since the the public release in February. It's not the worst but it could be much better.

Two images are from last nights usage and I compare them to the stats I used to see when on Android 9.0 Samsung One UI Beta 4. 20190216_071210.jpg

Screenshot_20190422-050528_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20190422-050540_Settings.jpg

Reenie9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does Samsung know about this issue with battery draining? This shouldn't be happening...

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sure they know and are checking to see if it's any of their apps, services or processes and I expect Google is doing the same thing. My battery issues seem small compared to others I see on this forum and the S10 forum.

Because I was already running Android 9.0 and Samsung One UI Beta the public release for me was small around 238 mbs. Something in there caused the battery issues I have. 

I'm using device care to monitor the battery usage. I'm not so sure it's 100% accurate. Sometimes apps and services just disappear from the list in the day view panel. So I will wait for the next system update and hope for the best.

CLF 

View solution in original post