cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RevJoeyReed
Astronaut

Are you releasing a Galaxy S9 ACTIVE or not?

I have purchased the Active model of the Galaxy S5-S7.

A thicker bezel and heftier battery in the Note is NOT going to do it for me. 

If you aren't going to release an Active Model of the Galaxy S9, please let us know so we can start looking at other phones. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2018/08/19/samsung-galaxy-s9-plus-cancel-upgrade-release-da...

33 REPLIES 33
userzu7ILRU00C
Constellation

Re: Are you releasing a Galaxy S9 ACTIVE or not?

I've been waiting for this information as well.  Unfortunately, reports and rumors on the net are that it will not be coming.  Since the S9 was not much of an upgrade over the S8, sales suffered.  Why upgrade only to have the same phone?  The same result would be expected by releasing an S9 Active version at this time.  Even the Note 9 isn't any great improvement over the S9, except for the addition of a stylus.  I work in an extremely rough invironment, where the average phone can't possibly survive.  The active models allowed me to have a nice phone that was more rugged without carrying around a brick , or a rugged case making it a brick.  Maybe they'll bring it back for an S10 Active, but by then I think they'll be surprised by how many loyal followers they will have lost.  After owning the last 3 Active models, I may be moving on.

useriHR4WRrWUl
Astronaut

Really!! The secrecy does not help promote a loyal customer base. I can't wait any longer since my current phone is suffering from multiple consussions, stress and often times dimentia. I have been looking at the CAT S61 or the Ulefone T3 as an alternative.  

userFzlLJXzdWH
Asteroid

I also would really like to know the answer to this question. The public needs to be addressed about this.

I will not buy a S9 because its going to break.

I will not buy a Note 9 because its going to break.

I am currently using the S7 Active, and i can play football with it and go swimming and take underwater pictures.

Your current lineup cannot do this and never will.

I have been waiting since the beginning of this year to purchase the new Active this year, just to  find out it will not be released ? 

Do you know what that does to customer loyalty ?

I will never look at your phones again, not because you didnt release an active, but because you kept this a secret and delayed and delayed and did not allow us to keep some form of decision making.

The more i think about this the more angry i become.

Best Regards,

userVQGGg9jj0w
Astronaut

I am with you. I bought the S7 Edge, within few days on first drop in a case and screen protector, the front glass shattered. I will never buy another samsung phone that has the curved edge. I think they will lose me as a customer if they do not continue releasing Active versions of the phone. Been since using Galaxy line since 3.
usersPmF37SuHC
Constellation

Wow and still no answer. That really stinks Samsung. 

nideleaa
Constellation

Finally I cracked my s9+ screen dropping from like 2 feet. No more curved screens for me. I can live with this cracked screen becouse I will not pay 400 dollars to replace the screen glass. My last kind of curved screen phone.

userQpSzAInnEH
Asteroid

Me too! This pisses me off.  Currently using S7 Active.  I'm  not buying a 9 ANYTHING, except active, or, someone else's phone all together. 

user7vOqZcm3jO
Constellation

I had been waiting to upgrade my s7 active to an s9 active so it really upset when it never came out.

Really bad buisness on Samsung's part not to make an announcement for the people who were waiting, I may have even settled for a normal s9 if I knew the active was never coming out. 

My s7 active actually got stolen and my phone insurance sent me an s8 active as a replacement.

I borrowed someones iphone 7 to use in the meantime while my s8 was being shipped to me and, honestly, I will probably end up switching over to an iPhone if the active line is still discontinued the next time I want to upgrade.

I have had an active since the s4 (skipping the s6 when they removed microsd capability) and have always loved the durability of this line.

Lynngineer
Asteroid

This. Exactly this.

@user7vOqZcm3jO wrote:

I had been waiting to upgrade my s7 active to an s9 active so it really upset when it never came out.

Really bad buisness on Samsung's part not to make an announcement for the people who were waiting, I may have even settled for a normal s9 if I knew the active was never coming out. 

The Active always came out later than the other models so I kept waiting and waiting; even had the battery replaced in my S7A. Bought the S8 Active for my wife when she lost her S7A, but I was waiting and waiting. Meanwhile Samsung knew a LONG time ago they weren't doing the S9A. 

I'm not even angry that they didn't make it; I'm incredibly frustrated and disappointed that they NEVER would answer the question. It's completely and utterly ridiculous to ignore any and all inquiries on the matter.

I was putting up with their ridiculous insistence on their own app store, etc, because the S7A was such a stellar device. Now I'm totally over it. 

I'll either root and custom rom my S7A or I'll check out another rugged phone. I'm done with them.