cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEDAlT3td5y
Astronaut

Re: Are you releasing a Galaxy S9 ACTIVE or not?

i'm only buying an active or im switching

Sea_Wolf
Constellation

Same here!!!!

Cannot believe they would alienate a specialized fan base like this... eyeing Sonim & CAT now.  So disappointing, with no sign of a Galaxy s10 active...

[Written by a sad loyal s8 active owner]

Superman31
Constellation

You could still upgrade to the S8 Active. 

Sincerely, happy S8 Active user

userGKMzYFvJAJ
Constellation

I would have bought an S8 Active this past summer had Samsung given any information, like no S9 Active or even that they plan to discontinue Active versions forever. At this point we still don't know what the future holds & paying that much for a 2 year old model seems silly. My problem is the lack of info, which makes me want to say bye to Samsung altogether. Why support a company that sees no value in its customers? Holding out hope Samsung will at least tell us if Active is gone for good or are planned in the future. Simply info would keep me loyal regardless. I have loved every Samsung product I've ever owned!

userQEXOAg1fFR
Constellation

My S7 active is ceasing to be and I need something durable. Is there anything being released this year that is durable (as well as waterproof)?

userqDPnXYmnqJ
Astronaut

Hello.

I own the s8 active and wouldn't switch it up for ANY phone out there.

I've too played football with it and taken pics/videos underwater.

I'm also confident no other phone out will handle this abuse, Every facedrop to the floor is no concern!

Get the S8 active, You won't regret it, It's very fast, And hasn't slowed a bit over the last year without need of system reset.

Best you can do till the S10 active or whatever is next arrives!

Ziom-2016
Asteroid

Hi, just to start I'm 32 years old and owned over 35 cell phones throughout that time. I owned the first iPhone as well as first android HTC G1. I have always worked physical jobs, and it got to the point (flimsier, thinner smartphones), where I had to replace my phones 3-4 times a year, as you can imagine that got very expensive. That was until I found galaxy s5 active, practically unbreakable phone with huge replaceable battery and the rest same specs as current galaxys. Then I got s6 active, which i still consider the best phone i ever had. Things started to change a bit when i got s7active, for some unknown to me reason they have abandoned the idea of replaceable battery in an outdoorsy phone and abandoned plastic covers for the ports, making it slightly less waterproof, but it actually raised mil spec of it, so I figured it should be ok. S7 active, still a great phone and a big plus were physical buttons, which were abandoned for s8 active and phone itself was basically hideous (especially that awful gold). I was a little disappointed, but my s7active was still under contract, not to mention that it was and still is in perfect condition, I decided to skip s8 active altogether and just get s9 active. So with the new speculations of specs coming out, I was really excited, even skipped few amazing deals on s8active/s9, just to find out that it might never come out. I'm sincerely disappointed in this decision Samsung made and if it's TRUE, as soon as I find something comparable to what s9 active could've been, I'm done with Samsung products forever, just as I did with apple...

userZH2cZGSENS
Constellation

Speculate... how about now? When is the active coming out? No speculation need to know so I can buy it. 

usergEESqzYgwF
Astronaut

I bought the S8 Active because I need something that can handle physical abuse at times. Other phones have always let me down. I have a friend that had the same phone and loved it and crawled under a car on gravel and punched a hole in the screen. Was all excited about an S9 Active till he was told that they are not available. Curved screen phones are trash or get that way real quick. My friend bought an S9 and could not be more down about an S9 Active not being available. I am so glad I have my S8 Active. The only thing that I am disappointed about is that with my large hands I need a case and love the Otter Box softer rubber cases but they don't make any cases for the S8 Active.  Can't have it all I guess and Samsung holding off on info about the S9 Active would make me mad as well.

userdYNtEwDuo3
Constellation

SAMSUNG most people over the years have waited for this particular phone to come out. Its possibly the reasons your sales dropped on previous models was because the active phone line is built so durable that there hasn't been a need to replace such a sturdy phone.. Until now.. Maybe you guy are trying to close that gap with time I don't know.. Me currently.. Im still using a s5 active, it's got a cracked screen and the occasionally hiccups but she still does what I need it too.. But honestly, I'm wanting to upgrade now preferable to a s9 active. If there was such a thing.. You guys should really tell the public something like if one is coming or not so decisions can be made as to buy something else or look at other options.