cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user7FldRrB1ZI
Constellation

Audio extremely low after pie update

Yes, media column is all the way up, Dolby is on, music is not new it sounded fine, loud on oreo.

I'm talking Bluetooth sound on beats headphones and in my Mercedes. 

What is the issue?! Any ideas Samsung, or am t out of luck since Google could care less

16 REPLIES 16
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Audio extremely low after pie update

Are you experiencing these symptoms when using a specific app?

userdNDfmNlLuu
Astronaut

I have the same issue across all media/app/browser.  The general volume used to be louder in oreo, with room full of people I could hear any music or video playing on s8 speaker loud and clear. Now not even audible in a room with just me alone.

•Yes I have the volume  button  turned all the way up.

•Yes it's a problem across all app.

•The speaker volume has dipped substantially after this update.

Is the volume up on your headphones/in your car?

userQGRRA7my41
Constellation

You can go into developer options and turn off the volume limiter function. You shouldn't have to do this but it may help until Samsung fixes the issue which is also on the Note 9.

userCkREQUABxv
Astronaut

I have exactly the same issue. The volume is on, but really quiet. It was completely fine before the update, now my phone is useless for music and video. Any other solutions? I don't have the volume limiter option in dev tools... 

userWGQ3iOfE70
Constellation

I have the same issue. This is why I HATE forced updates. I would NEVER update my phone out of the box if I could, like the way it used to be. Now, I can only defer updates a limited number of times.

Cheesydieper
Asteroid

Not my s9

Cheesydieper
Asteroid

Use mx player

userKa2M1H2Y4h
Constellation

My S8+ downloaded the Pie update yesterday.  I attempted to listen to a track on Spotify through some Bose bluetooth earphones, and I could hardly hear anything.  Assumed it was the track so tried another but the same issue occurred.  Tried Samsung music and the same problem again.  I can only hear normally now if I turn up my bluetooth headphones to 100% and also have the phone volume quite high (inside the warning range)

Unforunately, being able to hear rectify anything, as the sound quality has deteriotated significantly compared to before the update.  The trebs is poor, everything feels tinny, and the bass no longer comes through well.  It makes by Bose headphones sound like a cheap pair of £9.99 ear-buds.  If I listen to the same track on my laptop, I get my full musical experience back! (like my phone used to be before the Pie "upgrade"  Smiley Sad ).  Really disappointed and annoyed with this, even more so as I took out a sim only package last month for another year as I've been so happy with my S8+ for the past two years.  Now it fees like I'm stuck with it and can't enjoy my music in the same way anymore due to an unwanted update.  Please can you fix it or at least investigate the impact of the update on sound volume & quality compared to the previous OS!