cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabedavys
Constellation

Audio recording and vibrate not working?

Some background info up top, I got my screen replaced in may of this year. I also updated my phone after I got it back, so I'm not sure which of these things caused my issue. 

Ever since then, my phone wont record external audio if something is plugged into the headphone jack. It will record if I'm using bluetooth headphones. 

Additionally, if I'm using the standard S9 headphones, the phone doesn't respond to any use of mic/buttons.

Finally, my phone doesn't vibrate at all anymore. Not for calls or texts, no feedback vibration, nothing. I have no idea how this happened 

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Audio recording and vibrate not working?

I see that you updated the device when you got it back, but have you updated it recently?

Gabedavys
Constellation

I just completed an update after seeing this and I still got nothing.

@SamsungMod23 wrote:

I see that you updated the device when you got it back, but have you updated it recently?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you using a third-party app to record audio?

Gabedavys
Constellation

Sometimes. It doesnt work on Snapchat, but it also doesnt work if I'm trying to have a phone conversation, record a voice message/talk to text, or record a video with the standard camera. I have to unplug my headphones/aux cord for the mic to work

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this occur with your device in safe mode?

Gabedavys
Constellation

Hi! Sorry for the delay. 

I just tried in safe mode. No vibrate, and no sound. Theres a buzzing sound in the video I recorded

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Gabedavys Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number
Gabedavys
Constellation

Sent! Thanks 

Honored Contributor

@Gabedavys wrote:

Some background info up top, I got my screen replaced in may of this year. I also updated my phone after I got it back, so I'm not sure which of these things caused my issue. 

Ever since then, my phone wont record external audio if something is plugged into the headphone jack. It will record if I'm using bluetooth headphones. 

Additionally, if I'm using the standard S9 headphones, the phone doesn't respond to any use of mic/buttons.

Finally, my phone doesn't vibrate at all anymore. Not for calls or texts, no feedback vibration, nothing. I have no idea how this happened 

@Gabedavys 

- When screen was replaced, something possibly got wrong.  One of my friends cracked the screen of S7 and got it replaced.  After that the sim card in the phone would not be found and deviced needed several restarts for the sim to be detected again.

- Also the reason why screen was replaced might be important too.

Wipe cache partition:

1) Turn off the device.
2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3) When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4) An 'Installing system update' message will show for some seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5) Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6) Press Power key to select.
7) Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8) When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9) Press the Power key to restart the device.