cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Aug 2020 Update: "Messages" voice to text problem.

Hey, 

@usert3DgsB1xLF

I always wipe the system cache partition after a system update even if I don't notice any issues. 

If you haven't already done so you might try opening system settings, apps, show system apps, and use the search option for Samsung Voice input. Open it and select storage. Clear the cache files and check the results. If that doesn't help go back, clear the data and check the results.

Best regards, 

CLF 

Constellation

Thanks for the explanation of how to change the settings on the Samsung voice to text. I didnt know to select "show system apps". I disabled it and removed all permissions, so hopefully that will keep it from turning itself back on every. single. day. (WT* Samsung? How is pissing off your customers good business?)

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@user0KvEfUrHfS 

You're always welcome. I'm glad the information was helpful. I've never used it except for testing how it works so I disabled it as well.

Best regards, 

CLF 

Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Aug 2020 Update: "Messages" voice to text problem.

I'm gonna try this. I have a Note 9 and had the same talk-to-text issue a while back. I was told to use Google voice input as the default and it helped tremendously. Like others are saying, the phone will turn Samsung voice input back on by itself. I never understood why that was happening, but I guess it's due to restarting the phone. Is that a glitch or what?
Cosmic Ray

So like I said above, I wanted to try this. I actually can't find "Samsung voice input" in the complete list of apps. Is that because I have it switched off? I haven't restarted my phone yet. I'm wondering if I should turn it on temporarily and then try to find it in the list of apps.
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@irritated4ever

It doesn't really matter if it's on, off or disabled it will still  show up in the apps list.

Try opening system settings, apps, show system apps and use the search option at the top of the page. Type in Samsung voice input. Sometimes it finds and displays it but it's underneath the keyboard. 

If that doesn't work instead of using the search option manually scroll down to the Samsung apps and you should be able to find it. Image below using manual scroll and search option. 

Best regards, 

CLF Screenshot_20200903-054434_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200903-055536_Settings.jpg

Asteroid

Thanks.  Unfortunately it didn't help.  The best solution so far is switching keyboards w/their attendant voice to text functions.  G Board and Google Voice Typing are better.  HOWEVER, the ability to highlight an error and get a dropdown list of possible corrections to select from is still missing!

Constellation

I have an S9 but there's no storage in my Samsung voice input messing with all the settings I think it had Google and Samsung both on I turned the Google off and it seems to be fine right now

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing the exact same problems. After the update my S9 wants to use Samsung voice to text which is absolutely horrible compare to Google voice to text which makes several mistakes and doesn't make it very easy to make corrections.   I go into the Language settings and change the default voice to text back to Google and every time my phone reboots it reverts back to the Samsung Voice to text.   How do we contact Samsung to get this rectified?  Super frustrating!!

Cosmic Ray

disable Samsung voice input and install gboard as default. I just did it and it works. I'm typing this using Google voice input.