cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greggy80
Asteroid

Auto-Hide Navigation Bar feature missing after update!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently updated my phone but for some strange reason, the option to hide the navigation bar has been removed. Does anyone know if there is another way to hide the navigation bar? I do not like having the navigation bar visible on the bottom of my screen. It takes away screen space and it is just annoying to see. Please help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
_baldwin_
Constellation

With the new update they changed the bar to have two opti...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With the new update they changed the bar to have two options the normal one you are seeing and the one I use. It's called full screen gestures instead of tapping the buttons you have to swipe up on them. It took me a bit to get used to this but I like it and it keeps the screen bigger the wa I like.

Go to navigation bar in Display settings to turn on this feature, it will take time to get used to.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Auto-Hide Navigation Bar feature missing after update!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Greggy80 That feature was removed with the latest update. We can't speculate what features will appear in the next update. We suggest downloading the next update and maybe that feature will be back. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why did they remove that option. I stream videos from my phone and now i have the navigation bar on the  screen.. Even if i use the enhanced nav bar its still on the screen..

Greggy80
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know, it's pretty darn annoying. Hopefully they change it back. 

_baldwin_
Constellation

With the new update they changed the bar to have two opti...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With the new update they changed the bar to have two options the normal one you are seeing and the one I use. It's called full screen gestures instead of tapping the buttons you have to swipe up on them. It took me a bit to get used to this but I like it and it keeps the screen bigger the wa I like.

Go to navigation bar in Display settings to turn on this feature, it will take time to get used to.

View solution in original post

Greggy80
Asteroid

Re: With the new update they changed the bar to have two opti...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much 😁

Privatepyle
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hate the new navigation bar that is always on.  One of the best things about the Samsung browser was that it would hide the navigation bar and status bar so you would have a nice full screen.  The jesters are ok, but I sometimes launch Samsung pay instead of going to the home screen.  They need to bring back the old navigation bar setup

jamadothe1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think I found the problem as this was bugging me to no end. It seems to be related to the "Accessibility" functions. Try this Settings>Accessibility>Installed Services>Accessibility Menu: Turn OFF. Then go back the to Navigation Bar Settings and you should find the full screen gestures option available again. The Navigation Bar the Notification Menu Buttons drawer should also work to turn this on and off.