Original topic:

Back and Home buttons, and time

(Topic created on: 1/4/21 4:53 AM)
ettejean
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

Hello everyone,

So for the case of the missing Back and Home buttons, I've seen all the responses about going to Settings -> Display -> Navigation Bar -> and then selecting the correct buttons from there. It's fine most of the time. However, there are certain apps (like most of the ones I use) that will still continue to hide the buttons and can only see them after swiping the area as if I didn't have that option already selected. I keep hoping there's a fix, but not in the longest time. I haven't even seen anyone else post that either, as they always mark the issue as resolved. Particular apps that it happens to me are games including Worscapes, Bingo Party, Paint By Number, and Trivia Crack. I cannot remember what apps besides games it happens in, as I just tried a bunch and the buttons were there (like Pinterest, Walmart, browser Firefox, Samsung Health, my bank app).

Also, I'd imagine that whatever is causing those buttons (back, home) to hide is also causing the clock / time to hide as well, and although I have that also showing at the top of the screen (along with battery percent and other notifications at the top of the screen), they are also hidden in those same games and apps.

Then there are a few times when it seems like everything shows up in those games by "accident" (I say by accident because it's only happened a few times and nothing seemed to trigger it), and in those times it cuts off the screen instead of shrinking the screen. Anyone know how to just always show buttons and time in a way that won't mess with the screen?

Thanks everyone! And Happy New Year!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BMWR606
Halo
Options
Galaxy S9
have you looked at "phone settings/display/full screen apps".
Apparently this setting can force apps to use full screen even if they were not so designed. Unpredictable and/or undesirable results may happen.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
BMWR606
Halo
Options
Galaxy S9
have you looked at "phone settings/display/full screen apps".
Apparently this setting can force apps to use full screen even if they were not so designed. Unpredictable and/or undesirable results may happen.

View solution in context

0 Likes
ettejean
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

Hello BMWR606,

Yes, I think you are right and that was the reason why. After looking at settings, unfortunately I don't think I can change it, as almost all the apps say, "This app is optimized to run in full screen" and will not let me change it. Thank you for your response! :)

0 Likes