cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Back camera outa focus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We own two samsung s9'. Both rear cameras are out of focu . This must be a samsung thing?  Are we the only ones.  My phone's brand new and the only one to be updated.  We both noticed last nigh . I while on facebook and her just taking pics at the house. I've tried soft reset. Haven't tried factory reset. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Back camera outa focus

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Scotty2020 ,

Does it only happen when you're on different applications? Does it do it when you're only using the Camera app and taking a picture?

Try using the phone on "Safe" mode to see if its a software related issue. 

To go into safe mode Hold down the power button of the phone, and then hold onto the red "Power Off" option until it turns into a green "Safe Mode" option*. Click it and then try the camera again.

*To get out of Safe mode simply turn off the phone and power it back on

Best,

Jayhon

If you found my suggestion helpful, feel free to leave a ♥ Like.

If my suggestion solved your issue, feel free  to click on ✓ Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Scotty2020 ,

Does it only happen when you're on different applications? Does it do it when you're only using the Camera app and taking a picture?

Try using the phone on "Safe" mode to see if its a software related issue. 

To go into safe mode Hold down the power button of the phone, and then hold onto the red "Power Off" option until it turns into a green "Safe Mode" option*. Click it and then try the camera again.

*To get out of Safe mode simply turn off the phone and power it back on

Best,

Jayhon

If you found my suggestion helpful, feel free to leave a ♥ Like.

If my suggestion solved your issue, feel free  to click on ✓ Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does same thing in safe mode and in different apps.   Her camera turns out is normal. We both updated our phones this mornin . I've tried everything I know besides factory or hard reset. Which I should be ok being just updated.  I think its hardware. My phone literally a week old if that and had shipped to my house. No accidental falls or anything I hardly use the phone. If turn camera on and tap it against table it will focus as it should. You know when u start your camera it autofocus'. Then its steady. My phone stays on blur till I tap it slightly on something. Thankfully I have insurance on it but gotta wait the 30 day period

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userejVplwWtCl You can also have your phone evaluated for warranty repairs at a local uBreakiFix location. https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.