Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mercado
Asteroid

Re: Beta

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@uservxDKEjwH8s wrote:

I never had any issues with betas.

I jumped on the GS8 beta as soon as it was available last year. There were definitely some issues and were unavoidable. That's the risk you take (knowingly). Everyone should make the decision with eyes wide open. If something major is broken, Samsung will pull the update pretty quickly. They did that at least once or twice last year. The camera was totally broken in one of them. Iris scanning didn't work for a while and you actually had to disable it or your phone would act up. Samsung Pay didn't work for the whole time. Battery life will likely take a hit at some point. 

Anyway, I'll be joining because I enjoy the process. Don't do it if you're expecting everything to run without issue. Or at least wait a day to update after each new beta release and let others catch the worst bugs.

CHMultimédia
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

New rumor says next Thursday for the launch of the beta. Anyway there is a new ZRK4 build so they aren't just delaying for the sake of it.

Powered by Technology
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the web site of the rumor? 

justcrsnray2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@CHMultimédia wrote:

New rumor says next Thursday for the launch of the beta. Anyway there is a new ZRK4 build so they aren't just delaying for the sake of it.

@CHMultimédia wrote:

I read on phone arena that the Beta will go live on the 16th. Link is provided below. In case you're not able to click the link and Samsung+ crashes, then just Google "Samsung Pie Beta". The site should be the very top one.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S9-Android-9-Pie-beta-release-date_id110862

CHMultimédia
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This says the 15th. One day difference isn't much. 

Actually I can't paste in Samsung+. Bummer. It's on the front page of GSMArena.