Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userhXLGMHmjJa
Constellation

Bixby button S8, S8+, S9, S9+ [PE/FR]

Hi,

I know there have been many suggestions for the bixby button since many people like myself have turned it off.

I still want to share my suggestion here, since i feel the realisation of this should be quite simple.

It would be a huge improvement if we can simply get a new chapter in our general settings where we can set the bixby button to launch an app of our choice. 

In addition it would also be nice to be able to set it to take a camera picture.

I feel this might help stabalize the image in contrast to having to push the phone away on the touchscreen. It will have a more traditional digital camera feel with the button on the side. If you want to set it up like that.

----------

I'm only talking about phisically pressing the button. Not voice activation of the bixby app.

Look at it like 1 programmable button that we see on a mouse for example.

You can even have a different response for single click, double click and hold.

Sincerely,

Patrick

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bixby button S9, S9+ [PE/FR]

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products. Just for clarification are you talking about something different than if you say Bixby take a picture it will pull up the stock camera app and take a picture?

userhXLGMHmjJa
Constellation

Re: Bixby button S9, S9+ [PE/FR]

I'm only talking about phisically pressing the button. Not voice activation of the bixby app.

Look at it like 1 programmable button that we see on a mouse for example.

You can even have a different response for single click, double click and hold.

userwUAtkYhwOY
Constellation

Re: Bixby button S8, S8+, S9, S9+ [PE/FR]

I agree. I would like to see the button reassigned to my choice.