cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Halo

Bixby won't set reminders

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've updated the Reminder app today (ver 1.4.01.4), and now Bixby won't set reminders.

It seems that the voice input is recognized, something like "Hi Bixby, remind me to buy fruit tomorrow at 14:00pm", but there's no voice feedback and when I open the Reminder app I can see that a new blank reminder was created.

I've tried to restart my phone, disable and re-enable both Bixby and the Reminder app but unfortunately nothing worked Smiley Sad

Has anyone experienced that behavior?

Anything I can do to fix it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Bixby won't set reminders

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a solution!

Thanks to forum member @Heisenberg who managed to find this solution on the other thread.

Open Settings>>Apps

Scroll down to Reminder and tap it

Tap the 3 dots on the top right corner and Uninstall Updates.

You might need to reconfigure the app like you do on a new phone, before using it.

don't forget to backup all of your reminders before uninstalling!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @Udi9, thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us about this. I'd like to look into replicating this, can you provide me with some detail about your Bixby Voice and Home versions?

You can find this information in Bixby Home > Settings > About Bixby. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks @SamsungTrevor !

Home : Version 2.1.05.18
Voice : Version 1.0.19.10
Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@SamsungTrevor
There was a Bixby Home update today, so here is the new version number:

Home : Version 2.1.09.7
(Voice : Version 1.0.19.10)

Reminders still don't work, unfortunately Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Huh, this seems to work fine for me on our test devices, @Udi9. Can you provide me with some information about your device?

* Model Number

* Baseband Version

* Carrier

You can find this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks @SamsungTrevor

I gave up.
I'll just use Google Assistant instead...maybe the next Reminder app update will solve the problem.

BTW,
If you know how to revert to the previous version of the Reminder app I'd love to hear. Thanks!
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got the same problem too. Have cleared the cache, have restarted but Bixby will not create a reminder with alerts. I tried for weeks to word my instructions carefully but no dice.

I have to manually type in the conditions and titles myself, which defeata the entire purpose of Bixby. I have sent two reports to Samsung but I think it will 5 years before Bixby will be as useful as Google Assistant, so in the mean time I too am sticking to that.   

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Since I've opened the thread, I have updated both Bixby and the Reminder app, and I still can't create new reminders with Bixby.

Bixby Home: 2.1.09.7
Bixby Voice: 1.0.21.10
Reminder: 1.4.02.1
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would also like.to add myself to this list of users having issues with Bixby not setting up reminders. I have tried clearing cache, I have reset phone, and nothing works  it worked before last update. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm facing the same issue as well