JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby won't set reminders

(Topic created on: 3/27/18 5:01 AM)
Udi9
Halo
Options
Galaxy S9

I've updated the Reminder app today (ver 1.4.01.4), and now Bixby won't set reminders.

It seems that the voice input is recognized, something like "Hi Bixby, remind me to buy fruit tomorrow at 14:00pm", but there's no voice feedback and when I open the Reminder app I can see that a new blank reminder was created.

I've tried to restart my phone, disable and re-enable both Bixby and the Reminder app but unfortunately nothing worked :(

Has anyone experienced that behavior?

Anything I can do to fix it?

0 Likes
JUMP TO SOLUTION
usersYieGAx5AM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

Same issue here since the last but one Bixby update

0 Likes
user4C0UKGntCN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

Same here. "At 6:15pm tomorrow, remind me to cal dad" just creates a reminder titled "reminder" w/ no alert and the spoken text as the description. This used to work perfectly well. Something broke. I know NLP is hard, but really....

Edit: I'll add that this problem persists even after I have selected "teach me" and indicated this should cret a time alert.

0 Likes
usertGiGgSTPgk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9

Same thing happened since just today. What could be wrong?

0 Likes
Udi9
Halo
Options
Galaxy S9
@usertGiGgSTPgk

Have you tried the solution posted in this thread?
0 Likes
userqAnoqK3yx0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S9

Has anyone figured this out? Seems to be a result of the recent update. Is anyone at Samsung fixing this? Incredibly annoying. 

0 Likes
Udi9
Halo
Options
Galaxy S9
@userqAnoqK3yx0

Have you tried the solution posted in this thread?

A few days fter I posted this fix, my phone had a general system update which also updated the Reminder app, but now surprisingly everything works fine and I can set reminders using Bixby. Go figure...
0 Likes
userqAnoqK3yx0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S9

Which one? The only solution that seems to work is to uninstall the recent update. 

0 Likes
Udi9
Halo
Options
Galaxy S9
That's the one - uninstall the Reminder app's updates.
These updates never added any significant improvements anyway...
0 Likes
Solution
Udi9
Halo
Options
Galaxy S9

I found a solution!

Thanks to forum member @Heisenberg who managed to find this solution on the other thread.

Open Settings>>Apps

Scroll down to Reminder and tap it

Tap the 3 dots on the top right corner and Uninstall Updates.

You might need to reconfigure the app like you do on a new phone, before using it.

don't forget to backup all of your reminders before uninstalling!

View solution in context

0 Likes
MikePasta
Halo
Options
Galaxy S9

Not working for me either now! I tried unistalling the update and no luck. I reinstalled the update and restarted my phone... still nothing.

SM-G960U

G960USQU1ARBG

Verizon

Bixby Home tried both  2.1.09.7 AND 2.1.10.4

Voice: 1.0.21.10

Add this to the list of problems with my 2 month old phone!

0 Likes